Chapter 20 - Struggles

As he stepped in the car , he saw the shadow of Miyoko seems to be comforting Kasumi as they drive by , the whole trip was silent as they drove on to the city and stopped in the nearby creek..Once they stop and stepped out of the vehicle , Doctor Jubei Miyoka , Kasumi's father looked at the night aimlessly..

"You're the only guy who lived in that dorm , right..." he said while still staring at the night sky.

"Y-yes sir .." he nervously answered.

"Relax young man' Ms.Mikahara already explained the situation , and i think it's good idea to have a man in the Villa' for security reason and the girls their seems to trust you.."

He sat down in the damp grass , Mina fallowed through and sits close to him..

"Rising the two of them alone while managing the company in the brink of bankruptcy was hard , i was always in the edge , my patience is small and i don't have a lot of free time to spend , but Kaoka their mother manage to take care of me and my kids while balancing her duties as a doctor..."

(Kasumi's mom's a doctor ? , that's probably the reason she dream't to be one ..) He sat there in silent while Kasumi's father continues..

"When i finally , got time i squeezed a bit family vacation on a business trip , from a beach resort down south , her brother Shinta ,were playing in the shallow side of the ocean , their mom watching them from afar reading , she always loves to read romantic novels.." 

a faint smile has shown in Jubei's face just for a brief moment but then it fallowed in dimmed grim..while sighing a deep sigh..

"A was in the near hotel having an executive meeting with possible clients..,,"

a sullen look can be clearly seen in his eyes , like how the river reflect the night sky...

"When i receive a call , coming from Kasumi , she was in a state of panic crying i can't even understand what she's saying.., when i go to the hospital the respondent told me that she saved both Shinta and Kasumi from drowning , before the lifeguards could even rescue them Kasumi swam them to safety when her mother had one of it's asthma attack she tried to give her CPR but she was young she's in a state of panic , she couldn't......"

(she couldn't save me ? , that's what she meant by that..)

".....I was wrong back then i blamed her for Kaoka's death.......i was wrong....." he said this in a sullen voice while staring at the night sky..

"That was , 15 years ago , i know that she still blames herself for her mothers death and to make matters worst i kinda force her to marry a clients son...i'm a terrible father...."

Mina couldn't say anything at this time , he can't seem to find the right words or the courage to say anything that might lessen the pain that Mr.Miyoka might be feeling at that time..

"Forgive the ramblings of an old man' , Ms. Mikahara had told me about Kasumi's stay in the Famille' and ever since you lived there she says she's been happy and smiling a lot , and i thank you for that .."

A faint smile can be seen in his face while he looks at Minamino who's staring at him dumbstruck by what he just said..

I apologize for the late updates , been busy with my other work , and i'd definitely add a few lines to this one..i'm in a bit of a stump here struggling to liven up the story line so bare with me and thanks for the support , i really appreciate the votes and the comments .

Thanks again.