10 Years...

May 2nd 2008

Dear Mr Malfoy,

As you know, today is the 10th anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts. We would be delighted for you could attend our anniversary Ball tonight in the Great Hall to remember those who we lost that fateful night. Please bring your wife and your children as this will be a family celebration.

Minerva McGonagall
Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

"Lioness!" A handsome platinum-blonde haired man screamed up the stairs to his wife.

"Yes honey?" she replied as she appeared at the top of the bannister, natural brown curls piled on top of her head.

"I've had an owl...."

"Ooooh, is it a new business deal my love?"

"No. Its an invite. To the annual Hogwarts ball to celebrate the anniversary of the Battle, from Headmistress McGonagall. It says my whole family are invited too, I'm not sure what to do." Draco told her hesitantly.

"Oh. I didn't know she was Headmistress." she paused for a few short seconds.

"We left as soon as it was over and moved here where no one knew us, of course you weren't to know." he reassured her.

"It's been too long. We should go, it will be good for Scorp, Iz and Cissa to get to know the other kids and I want to see my old friends."

She paused again biting her lip anxiously before she spoke once more. "You know I will probably have to change my appearance like I do when we go out. I hate doing it, but I can't stand the rumors, so many rumours about what happened that year, rumours about what happened to me. Even though most of them are probably true." she sighed heavily.

Draco made his way up the stairs, taking her hand gently as he spoke, "Are you sure Mione?"

"You can't call me that whilst we are there. I will have to be known as my pureblood name. I know it's always hard to adjust to but just imagine that you are meeting a new client, introduce me as Cassiopeia Malfoy, no longer Hermione Jean Malfoy." she told him anxiously.

"Of course my love, I know it will be hard to see them again. Its been 10 long years..." he replied kissing her on the forehead.

"Scorpius Blaise! Where is your sister?" Hermione Malfoy cried down the stairs.

A handsome 10yr old boy skulked around the corner, peering his face up the stairs at his parents. His hair was platinum blonde and identical to his father's own hair but his brown eyes resembled those of his mother's. His younger sister was trailing closely behind.

She was a beautiful 8yr old girl with waist-length hair colored like ash. Like her brother, Isabella had gained Hermione's delicate face and it suited her perfectly, but unlike him.

"I will go and wake up Cissy. This is a family meeting." Draco announced leaving her with a swish of his emerald green wizard robes. Although he lived in muggle Sydney and had done for 10 years now, Draco was still not used to their clothing and preferred to go about in his in his robes. Hermione secretly loved this about her husband, it helped her feel connected to the life she once had at Hogwarts.