7

A/N
I'm sorry about the long wait for another update! I've been through all sorts these past few weeks Finally updating this//Enjoy

-Erin

"From an anonymous source, the subjects are apparently taking refuge in factionless then, are planning on being taken to Candor." Even though I told Eric multiple times, I ended up in a room with Jeanine and some important people. I was allowed back onto my leadership role.

"So what, we wait?"Jeanine asks, having no clue on what to do next. All she cared about was finding the right divergent, unlocking some sort of box and testing humanity.

****

"There's a meeting in 10 minutes in Jeanine's office, apparently this anonymous source has come in." Eric announces to me in one of the corridors. I don't answer and just keep looking down at the people on the ground floor. "Cassia?" He pulls me out of my trance.

"I told I didn't want this, Eric." I inform and he sighs.

"I know, I'm really sorry." I shake my head at him.

"Sorry isn't good enough this time." I turn away and head for Jeanine's office. I decided to take the stairs as taking the elevator would just make the time it took to get there quicker.

When I arrived, most people were waiting outside until they pile in one after another, followed by me and Eric lastly.

"Welcome, leaders and important people." Jeanine starts, looking at everyone sitting around the long table. "As you've all been informed, we have information from an anonymous source that the refugees we are looking for have taken shelter in factionless." She pauses again. "I'd now like to invite the anonymous source in." The door clicks open and the least expected person walks into the room.

Caleb Prior.

Wearing his blue, prestigious Erudite suit with a straight face. The boy took my breath. He'd traded his own blood in for what? Recognition? I felt like standing and fighting him, how dare he. No matter what, you never trade family in. It made my blood boil uncontrollably and my breathing sped up.

His eyes directly connected with mine and he noticed the anger running through my veins. Eric, who was sat next to me, put his hand on my leg. My eyes broke contact with Caleb and flicked over to Eric. Even after what we've been through, he still calmed me down. I gave him a small smile then returned my gaze to Jeanine.

"So your name, Caleb Prior, is this correct?" Jeanine asks Caleb. Caleb nods sheepishly towards Jeanine. "Am I correct in saying you transferred to Erudite from Abnegation?" Caleb nodded once again. "Smart choice, can you describe what happened on the day of the Abnegation attacks please Caleb?" The question was more like an order.

"Well I heard about the Dauntless attacking the Abnegation faction so of course I fled to find my parents. My father found me and dragged me to a secret cabin in the city. Some others from Abnegation had taken refuge there, like Marcus Eaton and my parents. My mother wasn't there. My father told me she went out looking for Beatrice. About an hour later my sister, Beatrice stumbled in- without mother. My mother had died, she died saving Beatrice." Caleb paused as I tear rolled down his cheek.

"And would your mother be pleased at what you're doing right now?" I piped up and looked him dead in the face. He stiffened. I didn't care what the leaders thought of me, didn't care what anybody thought of me.

"I don't know, I can't ask her." Caleb replied.

Jeanine glared at me and continued.
"Go on, Mr Prior."

"Well then Beatrice led up to the Dauntless compound, to find Four. Our dad died on the way. We found Four and fled to Amity." He simply states the ending.

"Was Miss Hollester here present at Amity when you arrived?" Jeanine asked him. Why was she asking that?

Caleb nodded again. "Where was your sister going when you left?" Jeanine asks yet another question.

"Four and herself were heading to Candor." Caleb gives in and looks down at the ground.

I couldn't take watching. I scoffed at the boy and fled out of the room, almost being sick in the process. He'd ratted them out. Shortly after, Eric came out of the conference room to support me.

"Jeanine is starting to think you're on those stupid divergents asses side." Eric states without thinking.

"So now we're just stupid ass divergents? Nicely put Eric." I turn away and look out off the balcony to stare down at the many floors of the compound. "I can't believe Caleb did that to his own blood." I roll my eyes.

"I did it for their own good, they are fighting the system. The system is the only way to survive, Divergents are threats to the system." Caleb comes out of the conference room.

I scoff at him and storm away from both the men.