Tenerife Sea - Peter Parker x Reader

Words: 1275
Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader
Warnings: tad bit of swearing, bad guys talking about killing/hurting people
Requested by anon
Summary: (Loosely) based off the song Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran, you and Peter are going to prom together as you are best friends. He has a feeling something is going to go wrong, and his Spider-Sense is never wrong.
Author's Note: This made me discover this song and I really like the song! No the timeline doesn't make much sense but let's not focus on that

Should this be the last thing I see, I want you to know it's enough for me

*Edited*

---

"Wow, you look amazing." Peter smiled at you when you walked out of your house.

You blushed and looked down at your hands. "Thanks, Peter."

Your parents took photos of Peter and you, it was prom. Going all out, everyone was excited.

And before long, you and Peter were in the car, on your way back to school for the dance.

Peter had a feeling in his gut that didn't sit with him right. He felt something was going to go wrong. Either he was going to spill something on you, or if someone was going to attack the place, he didn't know. But he stuffed his suit in an extra bag just in case.

When you two arrived at the school, Peter was beyond excited that he was actually going to prom. You and Peter had been friends for a while, and you both decided that going together would be fun. You guys always love hanging out; this was just an excuse to dance together.

You met up with a few of your friends, and Peter said hello to some people he knew. But for the most part, you were planning on just hanging out together.

Thanks to high school health class, you made sure you didn't drink from the punch. Someone probably spiked it.

You and Peter went to dance, and you could tell that something was off about Peter. "What, are you upset that you're here and not zooming around the city?" You smirked.

Of course, you knew about Peter's special ways. You're his best friend of, how long? (Too long.)

"Oh, no, no, I'm just, I've got a bad feeling that something is going to go wrong." Peter sighed.

You laughed. "Sorry to make this night so bad for you, bestie."

Peter rolled his eyes. "You know that's not what I meant. Ever since I fought alongside Tony Stark, you know how I've been." Peter told you.

"Yeah, that was kind of insane, wasn't it?" You smiled, still holding a grudge that Peter didn't get you to meet Tony Stark. (Yet, somehow you met The Winter Solider?)

Maybe that was a reason you and Peter got along so well. You were a fantastic fighter, and no one could tell you otherwise. That's why you help Peter out with protecting around Queens.

"So, what's bugging you?" Peter laughed.

"I asked The Winter Soldier what happened when he figured out that he was first wanted." You told Peter.

"And..."

"He bought a plum. And he never got to eat it." You said, causing the both of you to burst out laughing.

All of a sudden, everyone dancing around in the gym started yelling and running.

"What's going on?" Peter asked one of your friends who ran by.

"Some guys came in with masks on!" She said. "They're yelling about the Spider-Man guy!"

Peter's head turned right towards you, and your friend ran away.