DNA - Clint Barton x Reader

Words: 971
Pairing: Clint Barton x Reader
Featuring: Natasha Romanoff, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner
Warnings: none
Requested by @sexymackstan
Summary: Loosely based off the song DNA by Little Mix, you have a crush on Clint Barton and can't form the words to tell him. Natasha takes matters into her own hands.
Author's Note: It's a little silly but I like it anyway!

He just takes my breath away

*Edited*

---

"What's going on with you lately?" Natasha asked you.

You shrugged. "Boy troubles?" She asked. "Is it Clint again?"

"I told you not to bring him up." You chuckled.

"I haven't heard you talk much about him." She smiled. "Why do you like him so much?"

"His eyes, they're beautiful. He makes my heart beat so fast, just; his DNA has made him such a likable and gorgeous person." You swayed side-to-side as you talked about him. "He just takes my breath away."

"Why don't you just talk to him about it?" Natasha asked you.

You shrugged. "I get so caught up in the moment whenever we talk, and then I forget to tell him how I feel."

Natasha laughed at him. "I'll set you guys up."

"No, Natasha, it'll be awkward!" You complained after her.

"Huh? I can't hear you!" She ran away.

You started to run after her but ended up falling on the floor after running into someone.

You heard his laugh. "You okay?" Clint asked from above you. He extended his hand to help you up.

You grabbed his hand, and he pulled you up. "Thanks."

"You're welcome." Clint smiled. "Are you okay? You're turning red."

"Oh! I-I'm fine! I gotta get going; bye Clint!" You stuttered as you walked away.

You found Banner around the facility. "I need your help."

"With what?" Bruce asked you.

"Can you do a DNA test?"

"From...who?" Bruce seemed very confused.

"Clint."

"Um, why...?"

"Because I need to know why I'm so attracted to him." You grumbled.

"So, you and Barton?"  Bruce smiled. "Didn't know you guys were into one another."

"Well, actually...we aren't together. He doesn't know I have feelings."

"Wow! The amazing (Y/N) has feelings!" Tony Stark smirked as he walked in. "I heard Romanoff was trying to set you guys up."

You crossed your arms. "Yeah, she's being obnoxious about it."

"I think what she's doing is actually quite nice." Tony smiled.

"Oh dear, that means she's doing worse." You sighed. "Where is she?"

"She told me not to tell you," Tony smirked. "And no, we can't run a DNA test."

"Awe, come on, guys."

"Nope." Bruce and Tony said at the same time.

---

You were sitting in your room, scrolling through social media on your phone. It was eight at night, and not much seemed to be going on.

"(Y/N)," FRIDAY said through your room. "Miss Romanoff has requested you in the media room."

You groaned, knowing that Natasha did something evil to get you and Clint together. But alas, you went anyways.

"Welcome!" Natasha smiled as you and Clint entered the room at the same time.

"What's going on?" Clint asked. "You told me you were in trouble!"

"I am! My best friends aren't dating!" She smiled.

Clint looked at you, and you looked down at your hands. "I had pizza picked up by our speedster. Wanda helped pick out some movies. And Bruce made a table of why you guys would go good together- and yes, (Y/N), it includes DNA."

Your face went red as Natasha left the room. "You don't... you don't have to stay; Natasha thought this would be funny." You said quietly.

Clint laughed a bit. "What, and waste all this good stuff? Pizza and movies with you sounds like a great time!"

A smile came across your face. "She must really want us together."

Clint shrugged. "Natasha must be reading my mind." He said quietly, but you heard it.

"Mine too."

Clint looked up at you. "You- you heard me?"

You nodded. "Steve says you're the most oblivious guy because I am so awkward and crazy around you." You laughed a bit.

"Really? I thought I was crazy."

You shook your head. "Guess we're both oblivious."

"Well, then let's put this stuff to use! What movie would you like to watch, and how much pizza would you like?" Clint asked you, putting his hand out for you to grab. As soon as you touched his hand, your heart rate started to speed up.

About halfway through the random movie you two chose, you both started to get bored. You two started to talk about anything and everything, from food to shopping to the mission from the other day. Whatever you guys talked about, it was fun.

"I have a funny idea," Clint said.

"What?"

He laughed a bit. "Do you want to take a look at the research Natasha left for us?"

You laughed too and nodded. You stood up to grab the paper, and you hopped back over the couch.

"They didn't really do a DNA test...did they?" Clint asked. You just shook your head with a little giggle; maybe it was best if you didn't tell him that you asked Bruce to.

"The paper here says that we make a great team out on the field, so we would make a great team behind the scenes." Clint chuckled a bit. "Since when did Nat become a matchmaker?"

You shrugged. "Did you really say this...?" You pointed to a quote on the paper that was apparently from him.

"(Y/N) is just, so amazing. I'd give everything to just spend some more time with them."

Clint blushed a little bit and nodded. "I only speak the truth. Did you say this?"

"He just takes my breath away."

You nodded too. "I mean, even when you grabbed my hand there, it made my breathing tough."

He smiled and looked back at the paper. "According to this, it's all in our DNA; it's genetics that we should be together."

"It says that I'm the X to your Y in genetics form." You said. "How did they come up with this stuff?"

Clint cocked an eyebrow. "It's Natasha." He smiled at you and put a hand on your cheek to kiss you.