Chapter 4 - The Meet

Rebecca's POV

On my way downstairs, I just couldn't stop myself from thinking that something was up with Andrew, and my mind is telling me that I need to find out and I definitely will, but for now I need to get dinner ready before our kids get back from school.

I scurried around the kitchen, finding all the ingredients to make the kids favorite dish Lasagna and pasta stew and lemon pie for desert'. I smiled inwardly at the thought of their faces when they come to know what's on the menu.

Setting all the pots on the stove and adding the ingredients needed to make the pasta, and with the lasagna in the stove, I stepped out of the kitchen to get a quick shower. I walked upstairs and open the door to our room. There I saw Andrew on his phone, I could tell that he was stressed due to how his back arched.

I silently step up behind him to overhear his conversation.

"No, you can't.......hmm.......OK, OK I'll be there by 7". He sighed before ending the call. He turned around to see me standing behind him. His face held utter shock and I was confused to see him in this manner.

"Becc...Becca you....you here?", he stuttered.

"Yes, who we're you talking to", I said confused.

" My associate, we need to finalize a deal tonight", he said looking at me.

" No you can't Andrew. Our kids will be seeing you for the first time in weeks, how can you just leave like that?", I asked him angrily.

"They will see me Becca, I'll spend a hour with them, this deal is really important", Andrew stated.

"More important than your God damned children!", I shouted getting more irritated. I turned to walk away but he held my hand.

"Becca, it's not like that just listen to....", he didn't get to finish because I pushed his hands off mines and rushed into the bathroom slamming the door behind me.

Andrews POV

I sighed heavily on seeing Rebecca so angry and at the same time I felt guilty. I looked at the bathroom door and decided to make it up to her. I sat on the bed and waited for about 15 minutes before the bathroom door slowly opened.

She came out with her hair all wet, and it drew me into fantasy land. I couldn't help thinking how beautiful she looked. I got up off the bed in a daze and took long strides towards her as if mesmerized. I drew her to me and claimed her lips in a soft kiss.

She pushed me off, leaving me confused. "Your kids will be here any minute now, don't you care about anyone other than yourself?", Becca asked silently staring at me.

She barged pass me and left the room for downstairs. I quickly went after her seeing that things were getting out of control. I reached downstairs breathlessly.

"Becca look I......", I couldn't finish as the front door swung open.

"Dad!", Drew and Lizzy yelled in unison. They ran to hug me in a rather tight one than what I had expected.

"Hi guys", I said with a wide grin on my face.

"Dad your here after so long", Drew stated in anticipation. I smiled at his comment.

"Dad can we go to the movies tonight please?", Lizzy asked anxiously.

"Actually sweetheart I can't, I have a business meeting tonight", I said sadly, pulling her cheek.

"Guys take a shower and come down for dinner, your dad obviously has more important things to deal with", Rebecca said sarcastically.

The kids went upstairs and Becca turned to leave for the kitchen. I sat at the table, after 15 minutes the kids and Becca we're seated at the table. I watched as lizzy and Drew's eyes widened at seeing there favorite dish being served. A small smile crept on my lips, I've really missed out on alot.

The rest of the dinner went by quietly until a got a call. It was Claire.

"Hello", I said getting up from the table.

"Where are you, I'm getting dressed", Claire asked.

"I'm gonna take a shower now, I'll call you when I'm finished", I said before cutting the call. I went back into the dining room and seeing that Rebecca had already sent the kids off to bed, and she was in the kitchen.

I ran upstairs and into the bathroom to get ready. After about 30 minutes, I was all dressed in my black pants and white DG Tshirt and Louis sneakers.

I was on my way out when my phone rung again, seeing that it was Claire I picked the call.

"Claire stop calling me, I'm coming now", I said irritated.

"I'm at your door", Claire stated.

"Whaaattt!", I shouted in the phone in utter shock.

"Are you coming to let me in?", she asked mischievously. I hurriedly cut the call and ran downstairs. My eyes widened at what I saw in front of me.

PRECAP

"Who is she Andrew?", Rebecca asked confused.

"She......ahm she is...my.....", Andrew stuttered.

"I'm his PERSONAL assistant", Claire declared with a bright smirk on her face.

This part is really lengthy than the others. Its a gift for the long wait for an update. Please like, vote and comment.😉