Chapter 10

I woke up the next morning with a horrible hang over. Deciding I should stay I today anyway, I threw on some grey Joggers and a white vest top. Then I put my hair into a messy, but pretty, bun. My makeup was wiped off with a makeup wipe and I made my way downstairs.

When I got to the kitchen, I saw Elena and Damon kissing while she was on the counter with her skirt up. "Oh Christ I'm blind forever!" I instantly got put off the thought of my fry up and grabbed a glass of water instead.

"Oh crap. I didn't think you were here." Elena jumped off the counter and pulled her skirt to a suitable length.

"Where else would I go? You did burn my house down." I said, in a jokey way.

"Do I not get a welcome back?" Elena asked and threw her arms around my shoulders.

"If I could breath then maybe..." I pushed back and smiled at her. "So, what are you gonna pack for college?"

Suddenly, she looked very surprised. "College, I dunno. You and Jer need a guardian."

"I can take care of that!" Damon joined in.

"Wow, very responsible." Elena said in a put on sexy voice, which sort if failed, "I like it." then they started kissing again and I just gave up and walked out the room.

Sitting in my room, I took my iPhone out and scrolled down my contacts deciding who to call. I came across Elijah. No! Not him. I can't call him. Klaus probably got him to be nice to me.

Before I knew it, I was calling him. "Hello?" A woman's sleepy voice came from the other end of the phone.

"Um, is Elijah there?" I asked, very confused.

"Sorry, he's sleeping. Want me to wake him up?" She said in a high voice.

"No no. Don't wake him. When he does wake up just tell him that Maddison doesn't need his help after all." after that, I hung up.

God I knew someone like him couldn't like someone like me. He's like a million years old and I'm only 17.

That's when I decided, I was going out after all. I put on some black skinny jeans and a red top with some black 6 heels. Lastly, I threw on a black leather jacket. That would show Elijah. Ha.

Slowly, I walked down the stairs in style. It was like a movie. Everyone down there looked up at me and their mouths dropped.

The curls on my head bounced lightly on my shoulders and my heals made a little noise on the wooden stairs. "Where do you think you're going dressed like that?" Damon asked, when I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Damon, you're my guardian...not my dad." I patted him on the shoulder and walked past him to the door. "I will be back in time to see Elena off to college." I smiled and turned toward the door.

When I was about to open it, I realised it was already open. Standing there was a guy with great hair and a hard looking face. Stefan.

"Stef!" I semi shouted and put my arms around him. When I did, it felt like I'd walked into a cold hard wall. I gasped and stood back. "Erm, I gotta go." I speed walked out the door and then ran to Damon car. He wouldn't mind me borrowing it.

When I was in the car, I called Caroline. "Care, meet me at the grill. Hurry. I think Silas is back!" then I hung up and threw my phone in the seat next to me.

When I looked up in the mirror to reverse, Stefan's (Silas') face was there. "Hello Maddy." he said as if he was Stefan. Then he grabbed my neck from behind the seat and pulled backward. I couldn't breathe.