42: The Julie and Luke way.

.

.

.

.

- Julie -

.

.

.

"You were crying at the airport, when they finally closed the plane door. I can barely hold it all inside.." - Wherever You Are, 5 Seconds of Summer

.

.

"JULIE!"

I gasped, cussing.

That couldn't be Luke. No. I'm just imagining all of this happening.

Turning around nervously, my eyes trained on the boy a few meters away from me, my lips parting in shock.

What was he doing here?

He didn't come back for me.. Did he? He couldn't have.

Well I might as well get my answers now.

I dropped all my stuff, running towards the boy as he immediately took me into his arms before I could say a word.

I feel him cry into my hair as I gasped, having nothing to do but hug the boy back. I buried my face in his chest, feeling good to finally get to do that again. I missed it. "Oh my god." I whispered shakily, tears coming again.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I whispered, still confused on why he was here.

"Y-you forgot this." He sighed, as we pulled away from the embrace, him handing me my straightener.

My lips parted for words to leave my mouth, but instead nothing came out.

Clearly, I was shocked.

"Uhh.. Th-thank you." I furrowed my eyebrows, awkwardly avoiding eye contact as I took a step back. "Err.. I've gotta go." I muttered, motioning at the wide open flight door.

I feel his stare nearly burn right through me, making me even more nervous.

"You heard my voicemail.. Did you?" He easily read me, as I pursed my lips.

"Probably.." My voice trailed, as I shrugged.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for saying all those things back at the arena, because I finally know why you did all this." He motioned, shaking his head. I shushed him.

"No, don't say sorry.. Y-you have every single right to be mad at me and hate me, so just.. Tell me you don't love me so I can leave." I bit my lip, my heart racing.

"Julie.. I-I don't want you to go. I came all the way over here, just to stop you from leaving." He breathed out, this completely hurt look on his face as tears threatened to spill out once again.

I looked down, not being able to stop myself as a tear streamed down my face. "I'm sorry. I just can't stand hurting you like this and you just forgiving me.. You deserve someone better, Luke. I'm not that girl." I cried, looking away painfully.

Tears brimmed his eyes as his lip trembled, looking somewhat vulnerable.

I turned around to see that the line was getting shorter and shorter, telling me I had lesser time.

"B-but you are, to me." He murmered, walking towards me, as he cupped my face in his hands. "You always will be. I-I wish I could just forget that you'll have to leave, but.. I just can't. You'll always be the one, to me."

I shook my head, weakly moving his hands away from my face. I took his hands in mine, squeezing them slightly.

"I'm sorry. But I want you to remember.. That you will see me again someday. Just like you said. Probably then I won't have to pretend to be someone different. I'm a liar. I'm a cheater. I just can't.. Stay." I sobbed, closing my eyes.