Baby {14}

Chloe's POV

[Three Weeks Later]

I wake up in the middle of the night in agonising pain and I shake Joe to wake him up.

"I... Think... I'm... Going... Into... Labour," I yell at Joe and right at this second my water breaks.

Joe looks terrified but suddenly he springs into action and packs a small overnight bag before helping me down the stairs to the car.

It's pitch black outside and I'm only wearing my nightgown so I shiver slightly. Joe drives as fast as he can to the hospital while telling me comforting words.

"AHHH," I cry out in pain and Joe hands me a ball to squeeze but instead I just throw it at him, "Just drive you idiot."

I know he isn't taking it personally and he knows that I'm acting irrationally because I'm in such pain.

Once we get to the hospital, they admit me quickly to the maternity ward and our midwife arrives as fast as she can. My contractions aren't close enough yet so we have to wait while I go through this agonising pain.

But suddenly they start to speed up and the midwife tells me to push; I look to Joe in fear and he gives me his hand to hold. He's trying to stay calm for me- I know that. So I start to push, and push. It's the hardest thing that I've ever done, harder than anything else. More tiring than anything else.

But Joe helps me through it. And suddenly, I hear the squeals of a baby. I look up and the midwife is holding our baby, and I burst into tears of joy and relief.

"Its a girl," the midwife says and I look to Joe with pure happiness.

Joe gives me the baby and I look at her properly; she is the most beautiful creature I have ever seen in my whole life.

"She so gorgeous," I cry out and Joe agrees with me. He is crying along now with me and I can't believe that I'm holding this little bundle of sunshine.

Her eyes are brown like Joe's but her hair is black like mine. She is perfect.

"Let's call her Hazel," I whisper and I look up at Joe for confirmation.

"That's beautiful," he replied back before kissing her on her forehead, "Hazel Sugg."

[16 Years Later]

Chloe's POV

Hazel is sixteen and incredibly beautiful but we've recently found out that she has dyslexia. She finds it really hard to cope with it, especially now there is a new book that all her friends are reading. I've told her that I will read it to her but I think she wants to actually read it herself. I can't imagine how hard it must be for her.

Despite her severe dyslexia, she lives a very normal life. She hangs out with her friends and goes to school. She plays sport occasionally and she can be moody sometimes but she is sixteen now so that's to be expected.

Hazel's POV

I walk to my friend's den which we made years ago. They said to meet me here and they are all coming back to mine afterwards; I'm excited to see them all, I just hope that they won't talk about 'Divergent' because I haven't read it. I've been meaning to get the audiobook but I haven't got round to it. They don't understand that reading is difficult to me, the letters all jumble up and I can't read them.

I go inside and see that they are all packing up their stuff, but they're talking about going to Rebecca's now and not to my house.

"I thought we were going back to my house," I say and they all look at me with guilty faces.

"We're really sorry Hazel, we want to hang out with you but we can't exactly talk about all the things we want to," Rebecca says slowly, looking down at the floor.

"You guys can read it to me," I say desperately, I just want to hang out with my friends.

"Sorry Hazel, that will slow us all down."

"Thanks Rebecca- thanks a lot!" I look at them with tears in my eyes before storming off.

I thought they were my friends, I thought they could understand the struggles I go through everyday. Why are they so insensitive?

I go back home and run to my bedroom. Flopping on my bed, I start sobbing into my pillow. Mum knocks on the door and opens it to see me as a broken mess.

"I thought your friends would be here?" she says in confusion and I just shake my head, "I got you the first Divergent book, I thought I could read it to you tonight."

"They have all gone to Rebecca's to talk about that," I point at the book in Mum's hand.

"It will blow over soon," mum comes and sits next to me and strokes my hair.

"Everyone's doing this thing that I can't do- it just isn't fair mum!" I whine and she cuddles me slightly.

"Dad will be home soon, come into the living room," I dry my tears and go in the living room.

I just want to be normal.

Chloe's POV

"Be nice to Hazel, she is quite upset," I whisper to Joe and he looks confused so I explain the situation to him.

He goes over to Hazel and hands her a tissue before sitting next to her. A tear falls down my face as I think of all the things she has to go through.

"Hey kiddo," he says before hugging her and she sobs into his chest, "Its going to be ok. I promise."

"Its just not fair, everyone is doing this thing that I can't do!"

"Ignore them, they don't know how hard it is for you," he says, "Why don't you sleep on it? I'm sure you'll feel better in the morning."

I follow them up to Hazel's room and watch them as they say good night.

"Night kiddo," Joe whispers to her and kisses her on the forehead.

"Thanks dad, night, love you."

"Love you too kiddo," he turns the light off and closes the door. I get into bed and so does Joe but I find it hard to get to sleep. I feel bad for Hazel, her friends were so horrible to her.

So Hazel was born and we see her all grown up here. What is going to happen next? Remember to vote and comment if you enjoyed :)