21

"i'll walk you home if you'd like." jungkook's face radiating hope, holding her hands tight in his own.

soojeong looked down for a split second.
"i need to go to work." she sighed.

he smiled a melancholic smile–eyes not completely vivid enough.

"i'll see you tomorrow, then." he told her, and trudged to his home after placing a kiss on her soft, petal-like lips and she flushed as per usual.

she watched him go his own way and the deafening silence approached as his footsteps ultimately faded away.

。。。

"i have to get revenge on them." hoseok pulled at his locks as he paced around the front of the bakery, the milky, mellow sunset sparking glints in his fiery eyes.
soojeong stood in her place awkwardly, wondering why he had decided to tell her this–dragging her from her spot behind the counter.
she fiddled with the knot on the front of her apron (it was too big).

an exasperated sigh from the unusually distraught boy in front of her, jolted her from her daydream.

his face was begging
begging for something, but she didn't know what it was.

what was he saying?
getting back at his bullies?

"would that be the right way about it though?" she pointed out, scratching a non-existent itch on her porcelain face.

hoseok bit his lip, thinking.

"what do you mean?"

"would that make you the bigger person?"

her voice was louder, this time.

"i-i need to get back at them, i-it's n-not fair what they did to m-me..."

soojeong created a crease on her forehead, eyebrows knotted.

poor kid.

"then, i guess..." she trailed off and peered behind her, seongha had her arms folded in annoyance. she turned back to face hoseok again.

"do what you've gotta do." she finished, with a sympathetic smirk on her lips.

hoseok regarded her as she entered the bakery
and left him there, the fresh evening breeze trailing goosebumps on his skin–his own grin keeping him warm. his gaze never left her face, her body, her essence.

hoseok closed his eyes,
whispering

"our smiles should touch."

he opened them again.
and his heart ached in distress.