IX

I don't know who loathed each other more, me and Percy or Percy and Nico.

All three of us were standing at the border by Thalia's tree. I was gripping my sword so hard I wondered if it was possible to squeeze my sword to death. The Harpe sword felt heavy in my hand and I started to hate the sword for being heavy. It wasn't really a practical reason but I was in a mood and now I officially hated the sword.

"(Y/n), c'mon." Nico said.

Percy was already walking very much ahead of both of us, you would've loved for me to be left behind, would've you? You would've loved it if I was so far into my day dream I would have forgotten about the whole quest.

Nico looked at me sideways, I could tell with a twinge of bitterness he was reading my emotions. "Is everything okay?" He asked. I knew in my logical part of my brain that he was asking out of genuine concern, but somehow my brain translated his words into him asking to be nosy.

I snorted. "Yea."

Why was I so mad at Percy over such a small thing? That stupid kelp head should've told me. Maybe I could ask Nico...

"Nico, did anything happen between you and Percy that could've cause Percy to loath you so much?" I asked.

Nico looked at the dirt below his feet. "It was after the Giant War."

"Yeah? What happened?" I asked my mood slowly going away.

"Well," Nico tensed. "After the Giant War I, uh, became possessed by a monster. And the monster tried to make me kill Percy. And when the monster finally left me, Percy didn't believe that I was possessed. He believed that I had actually tried to kill him. Percy was the only one who believed it though. None of the other demigods believed I would ever try and kill him, but still, Percy didn't believe me."

"Oh, I'm so sorry!"

"You-- you can go now, you don't have to pretend." Nico said.

"Why would I go?"

"Because you think I'm possessed."

"Oh, no! Why would I think that? You're an amazing person!"

"Oh, okay," Nico smiled. "(Y/n), you're amazing, ya know."

"Why thank you, di Angelo." I said grinning. "You're not too bad yourself."

Percy glanced behind him, and me forgetting I was mad at him bounded up the path and grinned at him. "D'you know where the entrance to the Underworld is?"

Percy stared at me. "I thought we were mad at each other." Percy said.

"Meh, that got boring because I missed talking with you." I said.

"It has literally been only a couple of hours since we've talked."

"But we were mad at each other then, that doesn't count."

"Okay, (Y/n), whatever you say." He said smiling.

"Whatever I say?" I said smirking. "Okay then, I say we skip this quest, go back to camp, and let Hades find his helm himself."

"You do, do you?" He said.

"Yup!"

"I'm pretty sure Hades would kill us." Percy said. Inside my head I was laughing, hahaha, Hades couldn't kill me if he tried!

"Yea, what a shame." I said fake frowning. "I suppose we have to go on this quest then."

We laughed.

"We can all shadow travel if you want." Nico suggested. I almost jumped forgetting he was there.

"Yeah, sure!" I said.

"Okay," he said.

We linked hands, me in the middle because Percy still had a problem with Nico. Suddenly darkness consumed all of us. I could feel Nico's grip loosening. If Nico became unconscious in the middle of shadow traveling we could forever be trapped in shadows. And then within the darkness we stopped traveling. We only had a few minutes before we were trapped. I started willing the shadows to move us but nothing happened. Nothing.

Come on, I demanded. Please don't let me be stuck.

Nothing. Please! I started begging. Come on! I did this with Hades! Why isn't it working?! At least let Percy and Nico through!

Suddenly there was nothing gripping my hands. So that's the wish you choose to grant?! I started to look around. With luck I had a few minutes left.

"Little (Y/n)," a voice said in a sinister voice. "Is little (Y/n), stuck?"

"Who's there?" I demanded drawing my sword.

"Surely you recognize me, oh Goddess (Y/n)." The voice spat.

"Show yourself." I stated.

The person came forward. And once I saw who it was I gasped.

Cliffhangerrrrrrrrrrr!!! It's surprisingly the first cliffhanger in this book... Lol... Anyways... Comment who you think it is! And don't forget to vote!