Protection (Miyazawa Kenji)

Request from Acaademy!! Hope you like it :3

You and the other members of the Armed Detective Agency were on a little outdoor vacation in the woods. You, Naomi, and Yosano were all sharing one cabin together while all the other boys somehow had to squeeze into one cabin. Dazai announced that they were going to play hide and seek in the woods.

"I wonder why president decided to make us go to the forest as a vacation out of all the places in the world..." Yosano whined a little as she put her 4 luggage down on the floor with a grunt.

"We never get vacations, Yosano san. We should enjoy it to the fullest!" you smiled, looking to the bright side.

"Yeah, yeah, Yosano san! Plus, hide and seek in the forest- doesn't that sound like something naughty could happen????" Naomi smirked as she wiggled her eyebrows.

You laughed nervously. "Only you, Naomi chan..."

"You guys are right. We should enjoy this vacation. Let's go, I've finished unpacking all my 4 bags." Yosano pointed behind her and you could see piles of her clothes in a mountain that it almost touches the ceiling. Both you and Naomi sweat dropped.

"You know, Yosano san, we'll only be staying here for 3 days. You really didn't need to bring 4 bags..." you said, Naomi nodding in agreement.

"You two will understand when you grow into a beautiful young women like me. Trust me." she flipped her hair dramatically, shining a smile.

"Okay~ Let's just go now~" you and Naomi quickly shuffled out the cabin, pretending you didn't see any of that. The three of you made it to the campfire where everyone were already waiting patiently.

"Great! Now that all of us are here, I'll explain what we're doing." Dazai said. "We're playing hide and seek in the woods and I'll be picking your partners. The pair will be grouped into one of the two categories: Red team and Blue team. Each pair will only get one flashlight." Dazai took out a bag with 4 flashlights.

"I'll announce the pairs. First, in the red team which is where they are seeking is going to be me, Atsushi kun, and Kunikida kun. The other red team pair is Kenji kun and (F/N) chan." Dazai nodded towards Atsushi as he nodded back and handed a red flashlight to you.

"Next in the blue team which they are going to be hiding is Ranpo san and Dr. Yosano. The last pair is Tanizaki and Naomi chan." Dazai smiled warmly at the oranged hair boy who looked horrified as his little sister plunged onto him, squealing in delight.

"Looks like we're partners, (F/N) chan!" Kenji made his way towards you with a welcoming smile.

"Oh and there is one thing we all need to be aware of." Dazai warned. "There is a couple of monsters around this area so be careful and try not to scare them or challenge them." Dazai winked.

"Blue team, you can go and hide now. Red team, close your eyes so it won't count as cheating." Kunikida ordered. Few minutes has pass and out of nowhere and without a warning, Dazai took out a blow horn as a obnoxious loud booming echoed through the forest. You screamed in surprise as Kenji immediately grabbed you by the hand and led you deep into the eerie and dark forest.

"Alright, now I think it's time to find the others." Kenji said, looking behind you at your panting figure.

'God, he runs an inhumanly fast speed... My legs are so sore...' you thought.

"(F/N) chan, you alright? You don't look so good..." Kenji bent down to study your face.

You smiled weakly. "No, I'm fine Kenji kun. Thanks for worrying about me."