chapter 15- big dipper little dipper

It was cold. Cold and wet. It smelled awful. The place smelled like rot. Dipper only knew this because the class pet died over spring break last year, and what was left smelled like his surroundings now. The floor that was pressed against his cheek was made of cement. He was surrounded by whispers. There weren't any sounds close by, and he quickly concluded that everything in the room with him was indeed human. There was a metal cuff attached to his ankle. That was cold as well, and the mental acknowledgment of this fact caused him to shiver. The whispering stopped. He could literally feel the gazes of the people in the room on him. Slowly, Dipper sat up, and turned his head so that he was facing the sound of most of the breathing. Siting up proved that there was a chain attached to the cuff around his ankle. There were a few whispers, but having just woken up he didn't have the mental clarity to distinguish individual words. The words suddenly died as though some one had done something to stop them. With the people quiet he could hear a small drip or water that couldn't have been more than ten feet away. After almost a minute of no one saying anything Dipper was about to say something, anything, but before he could even open his mouth someone beat him to it.

"What are you looking at? Stop!" Someone snarled at him.

"I-"Dipper began.

"Yeah! Who are you judging? You're here like the rest of us!"A different person yelled.

"No, I-" Dipper tried.

"You're so rude! Didn't your parents tell you not to stare?" A third voice called out. After this practically everyone was yelling at him, excluding a hand full of the people to his right. He scooted back by about a foot and found himself with his back against a wall. He almost laughed in relief. A wall could always help him orient himself. The people around (he assumed they where kids, adults tended not to get this worked up so easily) where rattling their chains so he assumed that they where all prisoners, which lead him to believe that they where in a cell. His wall was solid, so if it was a cell the bars would be some other wall. The people in the upper left corner from where he was where the loudest, and that was mainly because there where more of them. There was less people close to the right wall, so they where all quiet, the door was there, or their captors just didn't put people on that wall. After he spent a few moments orienting himself he curled up and put his arms over his head, trying to block out as much noise as possible. After a few minutes the yelling died down into normal volume conversations. He kept himself scrunched up. There was no way he was gonna risk the deafening screams again. He scrunched in to himself even more when someone stood up. They walked towards him, and the only way he knew that was from the very distinguishable sound of foot steps. The person crouched in front of him, they where one of those people whose knees cracked when they crouched. They cleared their throat, so Dipper angled his face upward, wrapping his arms around his knees and resting his cheek on his right knee.

"Hey, I'd like to make sure you don't have a concussion. Can you do something for me?" She asked, because the pitch of her voice definitely labeled her a female. Dipper shrugged, he was half certain that she was gonna ask him to look at something. "It's easy, just follow this with your eyes," She explained. There it was.

"I'm sorry, I can't do that." He replied. The conversations where starting to die out, people where starting to focus on the interaction between Dipper and the girl. She may have been a lady, he wasn't quite sure her age group, maybe early twenties?

"Why? Do you think I'll screw something up? You don't have to worry, I'm a registered nurse..." She trailed off. Probably late twenties then.

"Oh, no. I'm not at all worried about you screwing up my eyes or anything-" He began. By now all the prior conversation had died out.

"Then why can't you do this? It's not like it's hard or anything." She cut him off.

"It's just that they don't work."

"What? What doesn't work?"

"My eyes. I'm blind. You can't break what never worked in the first place, so that why I'm not worried," Dipper chuckled. The entire room was encased in a guilty quiet. People where obviously considering apologizing to him.

"I'm sorry, it's a little difficult for me to see, I hadn't noticed," She apologized.

"It's fine. Cold, wet, and dark, I don't know about you, but I feel as though we're getting the full prisoner experience," He joked. She laughed.

"Yes well, hopefully you can keep that humor of yours. If you can I think everyone's gonna be in higher spirits."

"I'll try my best."

"Thanks, my name's Susie by the way."

"My name is Dipper. Do you have any idea why we're here, or where we are? If not, can you at least tell me where the door is? I would like to know that they aren't knocking down the walls to get in."

"Yeah, apparently there's this cult type thing going on, and they believe that if you take people who are born with constellations on their skin you can use them in some ritual to incite doomsday. The leader said he figured it all out in some book that Satan gave him. He keeps yelling about how the Cipher will return and the dreams from demons will create more fear than the meat sacks of the past ever could. He believes that the Cipher will reward him for his loyalty and will spare him the torment he'll release on others. Malarkey. What's a meat sack anyway?"

"That's what demons refer to humans as."

"Pardon?"

"Meat sacks. Demons call humans meat sacks."

"I- How did you know?"

"I've got a few friends."

"Ah, well, of course," She chuckled in an awkward manner. The rest of the room was fairly silent in contrast. They seemed scared.

After a few seconds of miss placed laughter the room was back to the almost silence. 

"How many people does he have?" Dipper asked.

"Including you? All of them I think," Susie responded.  "I myself have the little dipper on my calf."

"I was always told I had the little dipper on my forehead, do you think that this might slow them down?"

"Definitely if it's true, do you mind is I look?"

"You can if you want." Her fingers where cold against his skin as she brushed his hair away, the long poorly-trimmed nail scratching his forehead softly. She had been here a very long time.

"I'm sorry," She practically whispered.

"What? Why?" He questioned in response.

"It's not the little dipper, it's the big dipper, I'm sorry you got your hopes up."

"Huh, I guess my sister can't call me 'little dippy' any more," He joked, receiving a humorless laugh in response.

"I wonder when they'll get this stupid thing over with," Susie sighed.

"I wonder if they'll get the chance to," 
"What makes you say that?"

"We can always hope for a rescue, can't we?"

"Yes..."

"Kid," a male voice called out from somewhere towards his left, "I've been here for over ten years. There's no point in wishful thinking,"

"Maybe," Dipper responded, fiddling with the bracelet, "But that doesn't mean that every one we know is going to fail us."

Dipper had faith that Bill would come and save him.

His heart said so.

My. Fing. Computer. Hates. Wattpad. Oh. My. God. I'm done with the computer, and will work more on posting monthly, expect something before Halloween probably. 

Love you sorry bye!

See you in the next one.