Chapter 9: A Meeting in Progress

Omega POV

Angel called a meeting. We all came because well we are treading on dangerous ground here at the moment. I watched as Rose and Flame sat opposite of Alpha and I enjoying each others company and Asia must've sensed it because she gave a slight meow to get my attention. I reassured her I was gonna be okay but at the same time Angel began her meeting.

"Uh guys we have a problem or many problems depending on the person," She kicked the ground and commenced talking " We need to get them to trust us. Like us? I don't care about that expect for you know..." She trailed off
Alpha then took over "Capture the Flag," Those three words made it so simple but then again it might not work. Rose cleared her throat "Yeah Alpha, the Hunters are coming I heard from the Aphrodite cabin ( don't worry it's from a good source) So we will either fight with the Campers or three way slug fest,"

I smiled "The three way slug fest sounds fun," Alpha nodded his hands fidgeting "Really, really fun ya know?" But Angel shook her head " We need them to trust us,"
I frowned "Lets get the Hunters on our side first... It is related to something I am working on,"

Alpha rose an eyebrow and Flame was excited so he asked "So we take both their Flags?" Rose light whacked him on the head "No honey,"
Angel shrugged and said "Sure... But I forgot when is-" Alpha and I interrupted "Its on Friday," we said together Flame smiled ready for Friday muttering "It's gonna be lit," walking away with Rose on his heels saying "No babe please tell me you're not being literal,"

I laughed and turned to Alpha who watched as Angel disappeared into the shadows. "So?" I asked him He turned to look at me lost "So?"
"Dude you are gonna see Thalia again!" I told him playfully shoving him laughing. He looked at me "I know and she is a huntress because of me," I patted him on the back "There are many fish in the sea, trust me I'd know,"

He cracked a grin and asked "How was seeing her again?" I paused and thought for a sec before giving my answer "The pain is still there but its bearable now, but why is she searching...?" Alpha perked up "Wait she's looking-" He turned around to make sure there was nobody around he leaned closer "For you?" I nodded "Thats where I found Angel to begin with, Nico and the rest of them went searching and she told them to give up." Alpha laughed "Well she is really blunt at times, I like her."

I smiled and nodded "She died on her first quest trying to salvage a figurine for her little brother," Alpha nodded approvingly "Good sister material," I chuckled "And then there was Zoë," Alpha looked startled "Zoë?"

"Yeah, she died too," I stated calmly petting Asia feeling a little bit of guilt rush over me "She became a part of the stars, I'll show you later tonight,"

He cocked his head to the side "So will she be joining us?" I frowned "Maybe, but I need to do it without Artemis knowing or it cause a whole lot of trouble,"

Alpha clapped his hands together "Well, I will tell Rose to get another female outfit ready for our new recruit,"

"What new recruit?" A voice I knew too well asked Alpha and I turned to face Annabeth as she stood hands on her hips. "Damn it," I muttered while Alpha muttered "Speak of the Devil and he shall appear," shaking his head at the last bit

I glanced at her she looked tired "Not you and it won't concern you," She crossed her arms "I am a leader in this camp so some things do concern me," I sighed "But obviously this doesn't,"
She pressed "Why not?" 
"Because it doesn't involve the Camp, I only said recruit," She replied "This camp is my home. Whatever occurs in my home, is my business,"

I touched the bridge of my nose "Annabeth Chase, do you even know who I am?"
She got rigid "How do you know my name?" She lost her composure I faced towards her completely "Exactly,"  Then I transported away to Cabin number 3's doorway leaving Alpha with "miss little know it all"

Alpha POV

Omega dodged her pretty easily I would say. "I mean, you really don't know anything about us and you approached us," I smiled at her ' She grew up well' She looked at me her grey eyes staring at me calculating "You don't know our strength and weakness, and you approached us. If I wasn't in a good mood I could have killed you without hesitation you know," I lied smoothly

She shook her head as if in a daze "I wasn't thinking, but if I may ask what is your name?"
I face palmed "Thats why they don't trust us we didn't introduce ourselves individually,"
She nodded "Yeah we are suspicious of masked people, who claim to be allies," I stood up and stretched "My name is Alpha, my companion that you just annoyed is Omega and the female warrior you met earlier was Angel and there are two more you haven't met,"

She nodded appreciatively "Okay, but what are you doing in camp?" I cocked my head to the side "Didn't you meet with Chiron upon your return? Tartarus is ready to rumble," I told her nonchalantly "He is a primordial so yeah..." I dragged out waiting for her to say something.
But instead she burst into tears "We can't win without him,"

I stood there awkwardly "Percy Jackson?" I asked watching her furiously wipe her tears

"Yeah, I've been looking for months and I have no trace of him!" She had bags under her eyes and her hair looked messy.
"Why did he leave?" I asked

She looked up suddenly "How do you know he left?"
I internally swore cursing myself "I ah assumed that he left due to reasons I am not sure of,"

She looked at me warily "He left because he committed treason,"
I relaxed a bit "Okay? Do you believe that?" She hung her head "I know it's true," I shrugged "What was Percy to you?" She responded immediately "My boyfriend, but it was out of my hands Olympus had already sentenced him!"
I waved her off "So why didn't you stand with him?"
"He would have told me not to anyway," She said regrettably

I sighed "An effort would've been nice," She nodded "I know, I know you aren't the first one to tell me that... I guess I was being ironically stupid huh?"

I walked to her and placed my hand on her head "Then don't say stupid things, got it?" She froze "You remind me of him, thats why you're so easy to talk to," I stepped back "Percy?"

She shook her head looking dead into my eyes straight pass my cloak "Luke Castellan a fallen Hero of Olympus," I felt warmth were the guilt laid in my heart begin to slowly melt the guilt away. "A hero of Olympus huh?"

She nodded "I got to get going, but it was nice meeting you, Alpha." I extended my hand "Same Annabeth," It took all of me not to hug her but I wonder how it is for Percy. I watched as she walked away towards Camp but something told me she was gonna tell her friends of our little encounter.

I stood and messaged the squad with my mind "Sorry to interrupt but it is clearly getting dark now, where are we going to sleep?" Then I mentally heard both Flame and Omega curse I chuckled "Well then, it's almost time for dinner anyway and then there is the campfire soo.."

"There is plenty of time," Rose said followed by Angel who muttered "Idiots," There was a moment of silence and then I realized they were laughing and I smiled my scar rippling across my face.