13

The group was in town and they were asking for Ren. But, person after person, they shook their head. It was already getting late and they needed to just get a hint of what they needed.

"Do you know a Ren Sotaro?" Mako asked a man behind a stand. The elderly man smirked. "To get information from me, you have to buy one of my items."

Mako sighed. "Fine."

He looked around and saw a green and white flower pin. "How much for the pin?" Mako pointed at the item he would soon give to Kiko.

"25 silver pieces."

Mako debated on getting it or not, but if this man knows anything, they need it.

"Here." Mako handed the man the coins and took the pin. He placed it in his pocket then looked back at the man. "So, do you know him?"

The man laughed. "Not a clue, my friend."

Mako gritted his teeth. Before he could yell, Bolin caught him. "Leave it alone."

"We're all frustrated Mako. We know." Asami said.

Mako huffed, then walked away from the stand. "The sun is already down. We should find somewhere to rest." Mako said.

The three looked at each other, pouting.

:::

The four of them slept in the crowded home of Mako and Bolin's familys' home. "So, you have a girlfriend, Mako?" Mako's grandmother asked. I know that Mako's grandmother has Mako's fathers scarf, but in this story, she doesn't. and that is because for something later on ((:

"She's not exactly my girlfriend." Mako shyly said. "And why not?" She asked, placing her hand on her hip.

"We've just never gotten to that point." Mako shrugged. "Do you love her?"

"He's in love with her grandma." The younger brother smirked. Mako gave him a glare, Korra and Asami chuckling. "If that is so, why have you popped the question?"

"Marriage?!" Mako widened his eyes. "Well, I was thinking of a couple, you know, dating, but marriage may work too." His elderly woman shrugged.

"Alright. My head is hurting. I think I'm going to head to bed." Mako sighed, laying down on the couch he was on.

"Why isn't she here with you all?" The elderly woman asked. "She's in a coma." Bolin said. "I wouldn't say coma." Korra shook her head. "She was struck by lighting, and she hasn't woken up in almost three days." Asami explained. "Oh dear." The two brothers grandmother looked at the oldest brother who's back was facing them. He was laying sideways on the couch. "She is alive though, correct?"

The three nodded.

"Very well." She said. "You all need your rest."

Since where they stayed was small, Bolin and Korra slept on the floor, and on the other couch, slept Asami.

"Do you think she's woken up by now?" Bolin whispered to Korra. Mako, however, heard this. "I don't know." Korra whispered back.

Mako sighed, closing his eyes. She'll be awake by the time we get back. I know so.

:::

Three days have passed, and everyday, it was the same. They'd go into town, ask around for Ren, and go back to the small home.

None of them knew if Kiko has awoken. It's been six days and she hasn't woken up. Or so they thought.

Today might be the day.

As they were in town that day, Cheif Beifong entered the earth kingdom and searched for the four friends.

"Have you seen Avatar Korra?" She asked a man. "Her and her friends went in that direction just a minute or two ago." He nodded, pointing ahead. "Thank you."

She ran the way the man said they went, and just her luck, they were talking to a woman behind a booth.

"Korra!" Beifong yelled. They all turned and gave a confused look at Beifong as to why she came here. Mako's eyes widened. "Is Sakiko okay?!" Mako asked, jogging up to her mid way. "Yes. She's is fine. She woke up at dawn, this morning." Beifong smiled.

They all grinned, and cheered.

Bolin put his hand on Korra A upper arm who was next to him, and his other hand on Mako's side who was next to Asami, who was next to him.

He brought them together and smiled. The three of them laughing. Beifong crossed her arms and smirked, her eyes closed. She was leaned on a cement wall.

"Any luck with the brother?" Beifong asked. "No." Their shoulders slumped down.

"Good thing I came then. Ren sent a letter to Sakiko telling her where he's been staying at in the earth kingdom." Beifong said. "If you guys want to leave by tonight, we should get going, now."

They nodded and followed Beifong.

About fifteen minutes later, they made it to a green field that had only a few houses.

"Do you know which house?" Bolin asked. "No." Beifong said. "Since he doesn't know we're here, he didn't leave any description of the house or address."

"We'll just have to knock on someone's door then. Shouldn't be too hard, there's only a few." Asami said. Beifong nodded.

There was a man doing field work on his front yard. Beifong went up to it. "Excuse me, sir?"

The elderly man looked up and widened his eyes. Since Cheif Beifong was in her Police Uniform, the man grew nervous.

"Am I getting arrested?" He asked. "No." Korra shook her head. "By any chance do you know where Ren S-"

"He lives in that corner house over there." The man pointed to the corner house.

"Thank you." Korra smiled. They walked over to the home as they were walking, Bolin and Mako waved to the elderly man. The man humorously glared at the brothers before continuing his yard work.

Once they reached the home, before Korra was to knock on his door, Mako stopped her. "Maybe I should be the first one he sees. He sorta only knows me."

Korra nodded, agreeing with the former pro bending partner. Mako softly knocked three times on the door. A few seconds later, a man who seemed to be in his late twenties, opened the door.

"Hi, I'm Mako." Mako said. "I wrote you a letter about your sister. You're Ren, right?"

"Yup, that's me." Ren nodded.