i sat at the table and texted my best friend updates on my secret; having a force marriage in the twenty first century. my mother was talking to the boy's father and mother, which i believed was named jungkook. his father and my mother were best friends when they were young. i don't sweat, but if i did sweat, i think that i would be washing my hands underneath the table right now as anxiety eats me alive.

i hope he's nice, and maybe, reminds me of kiji, my current boyfriend that i am hiding from my mother because maybe if i do get out of this, i can come home to kiji and have my own happily ever after without being my mum's toy.

when a figure pulls out the chair in front of me and takes a seat, i turn off my phone and pull my hair back behind my ears to reveal my lovely pearl earrings, only to be smacked with shock that sitting right across from me is the boy i had argued with earlier at the bathroom.

"you, rude bathroom boy.." i furrow my eyebrows and cannot believe that the rude boy in front of me is the one i am going to have to spend the rest of my life is.

"and you, boob massager." he says lowly with a smirk i know i am only going to grow to hate.

our parents stop chatting and turn to look at us with hopeful eyes when we send them smiles as if we were getting along so well.

i furrow my eyebrows when our parents look away and he raises a brow at me, inspecting me this time. "dad, i think we should sit at a private table and get to know each other. that'd be great."

my face expresses shock and i gasp, but i quickly hold a cute smile when he looks at me and asks if it's okay.

before i can speak up, my mum replies for me. "she thinks that's perfect, don't you nari?"

"yeah, perfect mum, perfect mr jeon. thank you."