Chapter 1: High School

*Sigh* "Why do I have to go to the entrance ceremony? Is so boring." I said while I walked to the theater, where every first year was assembled for the entrance ceremony. When I arrived at the theater I noticed it was almost empty. I looked at the hour and it was 7:30 am, "Half an hour before it starts." I told myself in a low voice. I put on my headphones and listened to music until the ceremony started.

It was 8:00 am and the theater was full of people. The headmaster had started talking so I had to take off my headphones. It was a long and boring talk that took so long that people started to fall asleep. The president, the teachers, everyone was talking pure bullshit about having a great time in these three years and giving it our all. I really didn't care about it, I mean, how can I enjoy something unpleasant? It was impossible to have a good time in a place I have named hell. Well, maybe some people believe in all that, but I would say that is rather stupid.

When the entrance ceremony finished and we have dismissed everyone proceeds to their classrooms, including me. I was in class 1-A. I guess it was to be expected since I have had perfect grades since I was little, and in this school, you are accommodated according to your grades. The classroom was already full of people. What a drag, I hate crowded places. Luckily the seat located in the corner by the window was free, so I went and sat there. That place was one of the quietest in the classroom. That's why I liked it.

The teacher entered not long after we came into the classroom. He stood in front and said, "Everyone chooses the seat to your liking and sit down because we're about to start." Everyone choose a seat and settled down. But the seat by my side was empty. There was someone left to arrive. "Eh? There's one seat free? How come? Don't you guys know what punctuality is?" said the teacher kind of mad. I really didn't care, in fact, I was happy there was no one there. "Now we will begin the presentation. My name is Daichi Jirou and I will be your homeroom teacher starting today. I hope we enjoy this year together. Now is the turn of the students to present themselves." said Jirou-sensei.

"My name is Yuuna Tsubame, is nice being with all of you." said a girl who was in the front row near the door. Like that it went on until it was finally my turn. "My name is Akemi Ren, I hope school finishes soon to be out of here," I said. Everyone looked at me surprised, even the teacher. It was like I said something bad. Soon after that awkward silence or whoever they call it, the teacher started the class.

"Okay, students now that everyone has done their presentations we will now start the class-" *clatter* the door opened before the teacher could finish talking. Who appeared was a guy with a sleepy face. It seemed like he just woke up. "Umm... Who might you be?" asked the teacher. "I'm Haruto Kazuki." said the guy while yawning. "Haruto... Kazuki?" said the teacher while looking at his class book. "Ah! You're the only student that was left to arrived, where have you been? Don't you know what punctuality is?" said the teacher really mad at him. "I'm really sorry, I fell asleep in the ceremony." said that guy with a sleepy face. I totally dislike that kind of people. They are in a world apart from everyone and that makes it hard to know what they think. "Well then, you will be sitting in that free seat on the back." said the teacher. "Ack! Why of all places here? Couldn't he have arrived a little earlier? That way I wouldn't have have to deal with this. I really wish he ignores me." Those were my thoughts at that instant. Even though I didn't make any faces.

After the teacher scolded him for a while he went to his seat. He looked at me and said "Pleasure meeting you, I hope we can get along well, even though I may not be of much help, I hope we can help each other." said that guy who now seats by my side. "I don't need your help nor I help others, so you should worry about yourself and I will do the same," I told him with a serious face. I don't need people worrying about me just because they think they should even if they don't want to, I don't need that hypocrisy. "Oh! Well, sorry to have disturbed you then," he said with a kind of gloomy face. Why would he make that? I don't understand, is not like he cared or anything. Everyone is the same, trying to act nice when they are not and then acting like the victim, but that's not all, they also judge by looks. That's why I have already lost any hope and expectation in people.

Just like that the teacher began his class again and said: "Now that everyone is finally present I have something to say." "Something to say? What is so important that the whole class needs to be present?" I thought. "This school has used a special system since long ago. That is that every student will have a partner. Each year is different for some cases but the most request to be with the same person all three years. For that reason, I will now designate each of your partners." "Hey! Hey! Hey! Wait a second now, partners!? This needs to be a joke, yes, this is a joke. I can't possibly pass all my high school with a fucking partner, why did I have to be sent to this school!?" those and many more thoughts crossed my mind. I could even feel drops of sweat in my face. Yes, it became clear that moment that this was definitely hell. "Now for everyone's partners, we will do it simply, mmm... Ah! Yes! The person beside you will be your partner, that way it will be easier to put your desks together." said the teacher. "Whaaaa!? Jirou-sensei isn't that a little irresponsible?" Yes! Shouldn't you try to worry a little more?" some students were saying. "Ehhh? But is easier for everyone this way, isn't it?" said the teacher. "Well... Yeah, is true." "He is right, guess we can't argue with that." the students were saying. "Well, now that is decided who your partner will be, put your desks together." said the teacher. "Together, right? Who will be my partner? I hope is someone nice." I said in a low voice. Then I looked to the side and remembered, that lazy guy was my partner. I think my face distorted for a second there but is not like I can help it, I really hate that type of person that is so unpredictable. "I guess in the end we will need to help each other," he said with a grin on his face. I looked kind of surprised because just a few minutes ago he was all pure niceness and all, but now he seemed like a demon. "Ah, yeah, it seems like it," I said in a failing intent to trying to maintain my cool. "Ohhh! What is this? Aren't you kind of nervous now? Where would all that high and mighty attitude go?" he said grinning more than before. Yes, this is hell, definitely hell. I really hope school finishes soon. That was what I thought, but what I didn't know was that what awaited me was an even worse hell than now...