(13)

It has been 3 days. 3 days since I cancelled the bet with Noah, 9 days since I was diagnosed, signalling I only have approximately 5 weeks or so left.

After cancelling the deal, Noah told Zach to tell Zoë to inform me that he doesn't need the money because he didn't do his end of the deal, it kinda made me frustrated a bit, but I had to just let it go. I didn't dare look at the texts I had piled up in my phone, they would even make me feel more guilty than I already am. But, Zoë keeps in check with me over the phone, saying that they are fine and all.

If you're wondering what is going on here, mom went on a business trip, but she texts all the time to keep in check with me as well. As for me, I had caught this huge fever, apparently cancer lowers the ability of your immunity system to actually be immune to these stuff, and since it is Leukemia, this fact is enlarged by a huge amount. And as Derek is a bit busy these days, I told him I would be fine and that he can't call Zoë, because she'll give me yet another headache. He didn't approve at first but I persuaded him not to tell her. He sent me some meds but they hardly worked, so he said that I'll be okay in 5 days times instead of the usual 3.

So, basically, this has been hell to all of us.

So here I am, laying on my bed, feeling as ill as ever, I kept sniffling and coughing a lot, and my temperature won't get lower than 39°C. It is killing me as I can't even eat anything without throwing up, and the headache is disgusting as well. So as I said, I lie on my bed, my headphones on, playing Hotel Ceiling by Rixton quietly. I can't do anything today but stare at the ceiling actually, earlier I had a shower with warm water as Derek instructed, apparently too cold would increase the fever, and I despise hot water, so, warm it was. So now I was wearing a fluffy-feeling, thick purple sweatpants with a tight long-sleeved black tee, with my hair in a messy bun over my head, my eyes had black circles around them from the sleepless nights and the sickness (both of them) and I looked even paler than before. And like everything I face in front of me, I just sighed.

As the songs continued shuffling through my Beats, I feel my phone vibrate beside me and the music stops, I pick it up and glance at it, seeing that it was Zach calling me. It was also the moment I realised it's already 3 pm, damn, I have been so lazy lately. I groan as I take off the Beats and answer warily.

"Hello?" I answer, my voice hoarse a bit.

"Alexa? Oh thank God you answered." He says, relief lacing his voice.

"What?" I say, not comprehending what he said.

"Can you come downstairs and to your front door? There's a surprise out there." He says excitedly.

I stay silent for a minute.

"What?" I ask dumbly.

"Just come downstairs!" He says them hangs up. I sigh as I take the covers off my body, before taking off my black tee and wearing my Adidas black hoodie, fevers always make me feel cold ever since I was a little girl. I wear my fluffy white slippers and take my phone and slide it in my the tissue box with me, blowing my nose as I start my slow descend along the stairs. After the slow walk and me preventing myself from falling due to my dizziness, I finally reach the front door. I take in a deep breath as my shoulders fall down, curving my back. As I open the door, I notice the grey hair of Zach's accompanied by Aiden's blonde on. I look at both of them as Zach's smile and Aiden's guilty look disappear and immediately are replaced by ones of worry.

"Lex?" Zach says. I smile lightly at him before tiredly glaring at Aiden.

"What is he doing here? He wants to humiliate me even more?" I say, my voice croaking, reminding me that I need water. Zach's eyes widen.