For Our Sake

"Ammo," Andy croaked. "It wasn't your damn fault. You were used."

"But I let myself get all caught up in their lies!" I cried. "I let myself get manipulated! I believed in every damn thing they had to say about the human race. That they were horrible, selfish, greedy beings that deserved to rot and die."

"But not all of them are," I whimpered. "And I killed millions and millions of them. I made their vision come true. With my powers and Percy's prototype virus, they could've wiped out the entire planet. And it could've been my home all over again."

"Ammo, don't," Andy gently said. "It wasn't your damn fault-"

"It was! It was my fault!"

"Ammo-"

"I enjoyed every minute of slaughtering them, Andy! I don't remember feeling sick. I remember enjoying the bloodshed. I enjoyed it all," I spat, absolutely disgusted with myself. "I remember thinking that they all deserved to burn in hell. I remember all those dead children, and I would say to myself that it was much better for them to die sooner, before they had a chance to become corrupted."

Andy was quiet. She only stared at me, tears in her eyes.

Great. I've finally told her how much of a true monster I was. I was sick. I was cruel. I was a sorry excuse of the Pooka I am. I was a monster. A murderer.

"I figured you wouldn't listen to me," she said as her lip trembled, making her voice waver. "You don't have to go through all of this yourself."

She then made her way to the big double doors. I just shook my head bitterly. I wavered in my footsteps. Had I just chased her away? Should I try to repair the damage I've done?

"I'll always be here for you. You know that," she said again. "It isn't your fault. You're no monster. You're no murderer. You're one of the nicest, most tender and caring person I've ever met. And I've met a lot of people."

"I'll never leave your side. Just like how you'll never leave mine. But if you won't listen to me," she continued, clutching onto the door knob on the other side of the large wooden door as she breathed heavily, biting on her lower lip.

"At least listen to him."

And with that, she closed the door behind her.

At least listen to him?

"Ammo," came a voice from behind me.

I quickly spun around, only to find Bunnymund himself, standing right behind the chair I had been sitting in.

"Please don't tell me you heard everything I said," I murmured softly, but audible enough for him to hear.

"Every word," he nodded, his sad eyes boring into my own.

I gritted my teeth and clenched my jaw.

He'd heard everything I said. Every word I had come out of my mouth. Every mistake, every sin, every fault. Everything I'd been trying to run away from. Everything I've been keeping all to myself and only a selected few knew about. Everything I've been keeping from everyone else.

Everything I've been keeping from him in fear of losing him again.

And he found out about it all. Just like that.

He knew.

Goddamn it. He knew.

"Ammo," he started to speak, taking a step towards me, his arms extended out towards me.