Comic Books (Final)

"Gee, honey, I'm home!" Frank called as he unlocked their apartment, Bandit greeting him in the doorway.

"Hey, Bandit, where's Gerard?" he cooed to the tiny cat, scratching under her chin.

"I thought I'd heard something," Gerard chuckled as he walked out of their bedroom, his hair dripping onto the floor and a towel around his waist. He met his husband halfway through the living room, softly pecking his lips. "Sorry, babe, I was in the shower."

"S'alright. You smell nice now," Frank giggled back, kissing Gerard again. "Is that vanilla?"

"Mhm, I know it's your favorite. You know, if you'd have came home just a little earlier you could've joined me..." the redhead teasingly whispered, trailing his fingers down Frank's chest in the most seductive way possible.

"Don't tease me like that or you'll be needing another shower later," Frank chuckled, trying to ignore the prickle of heat that raced across his skin. He took a small step away from Gerard, setting his briefcase on the counter and popping open the latches.

"So I stopped by the mailbox before I came up..." he said as he pulled out their mail, Gerard chewing his lip.

"Frankie, can this wait until later? There's something I wanna show you," he requested, a slight nervous tremor in his voice. He tilted his head in the direction of their bedroom, his tattooed husband giving him a skeptic look but following him anyways. Gerard quickly pulled on some clothes, growing a little cold just in his towel.

"So, um, I was just sketching earlier when an idea popped into my head and I just sorta fell in love with it. Like, the whole world of the story just sort of appeared in my mind and it was just magical almost... and I wanted to share it with you," Gerard rambled as he walked over to the nightstand, lifting up a small stack of papers. "I know the sketches are a little rough and it's only in pencil right now, but the idea is there... here."

He handed the stack over to Frank, the tattooed man's mouth falling open as he looked upon the intricate drawings.

"Gee, this is... incredible. Your sketches are wonderful and the characters are just absolutely intriguing and beautiful and you're shading is gorgeous--I didn't know you could draw like this," Frank babbled, a huge smile on his face.

"You really like it?" Gerard softly asked, fiddling with his hands as a blush spread across his cheeks.

"Like it? I fucking love it! It's amazing, you're fucking incredible, Gee," Frank emphatically replied, carefully setting the stack of papers on the bed before pulling Gerard into a hug. He tightly held him around the waist, lifting him off the ground and twirling him around a few times before setting him back down.

"I'm glad you like it," Gerard giggled once Frank had put him down again, his cheeks a rosy pinkish color.

"Why have you never tried writing comics? You'd be great at it," Frank asked, sitting in the edge of the bed.

"I don't know... I'd just never thought I'd be good enough at it," Gerard sheepishly replied, shrugging his shoulders. "I've never really been that great at anything so I was scared to try in case it blew up in my face. It was less risky to just be a stripper because that was something I knew I was relatively good at. I didn't want to get my hopes up and then get crushed; it was just easier to keep working at a sex club then try something different and fail and end up back there again..."

"Gee, you are an amazing artist. Don't be afraid of failing, because I'm almost positive you won't, and even if by some cruel twist of fate you do, I'll still be right here to cheer you up and encourage you to try again," Frank passionately replied, holding Gerard's hands and keeping eye contact. "You can do this, Gee, I believe in you."