Chapter 6

Tyler

I wake up to the sound of people giggling below my balcony at two in the morning. My room is in a more private part of the resort where there are no cameras installed, at least by Les' production company. The pool under my balcony is more of a private pool although Camilla did manage to sneak in that one night while I was doing my laps. Apparently, someone else has snuck in again.

I pick up the resort phone to call Security but one of the voices make me pause and I return the receiver back on its cradle. 

How can I forget that giggle?

I get up from my bed and peer outside the window, making sure they can't see me. Daniela and Marilyn are sitting on the edge of the jacuzzi dangling their legs into the water. I see Daniela's wheelchair parked behind her, next to a bottle of wine. Marilyn must have climbed the metal gate and opened it from the inside to let Daniela in.

Thank you, Marilyn.

I suddenly can't stop grinning, the mere thought of seeing Daniela again chasing any sleep away. 

* * *

"Oh, crap!" Marilyn quickly lifts her legs out of the water the moment she spots me behind the gate. 

"No, please stay," I say as I enter the pool area, shutting the gate behind me. "It's okay. Really."

"Are you sure?" Daniela asks as Marilyn returns her feet into the water. She'd have had a harder time to get herself out of the water and I'm glad she doesn't look panicked at all. Marilyn looks like she got caught with her hand in the cookie jar. But then, she's the type who would have probably just laughed it off, too, just as she's chuckling now. 

"Of course. Is it alright if I joined you?" 

As I approach, I can see Daniela is wearing a t-shirt and a pair of Capri leggings. Her skinny calves dangle, under the water.

"Of course." Marilyn reaches for the bottle of wine and lifts it to the light to check how much is left. "We'd offer you some wine, but we don't have a spare glass."

"I'm good." I'm actually a beer man, and right now, I'm also a happy man. It sure is nice to see Daniela again and I can't help but stare at her. She's beautiful.

"Since you're here, will the camera people be here soon?" Daniela asks, her eyes narrowing.

"Not unless they've set up cameras in this area against my wishes, then no, they won't. This area's private and off-limits to them," I say as I sit across from them. "How are you? I hope you didn't get too sunburnt."

"I'm doing great. Aloe vera to the rescue," Daniela replies, grinning.

Marilyn stretches her arms above her head a bit too dramatically. "Boy, am I sleepy. I really need to get back to bed." She turns to look at me. "Why don't you guys hang out a while? Holler if you need me to get you back to your room."

"I can help her," I say as Daniela shakes her head. 

"He doesn't need to—"

"I'd love to," I say as Marilyn winks at me, lifting her feet from the jacuzzi and getting up.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" Marilyn says as Daniela grabs her arm. There's a look of panic on Daniela's face but Marilyn hugs her. "You guys have barely been able to talk to each other without someone else monopolizing Prince Charming's time over here, so why not now?"