Chapter 20 - PART 2 guanxi

Ashlynn's POV

Constant knocks on my bedroom door woke me from my sleep.

"It's Saturday Mum! Let me sleep!" I cried exasperatedly

"Ashlynn, its's not your Mum, can we talk" a male voice replied.

It definitely wasn't Justin, he isn't so cruel as to wake me from my beauty sleep. I grabbed at the eye mask and threw it across the room as it landed among stuffed teddies. The robe at the corner of my bed wrapped around my shoulders as I opened the door.

"What?" I uttered rudely still rubbing my eyes as a tall dark haired boy in a plaid shirt and jeans came to view.

"Ugh. Brad. What?" I flicked his shoulder.

"I'm really sorry to disturb you at this...time" he started politely before noticing the clock state that it was 1pm. 

"But have you had any contact whatsoever with Taylor?"

"No.." I said frowning?

How could I tell him that I receive packages every fortnight from someone named Samantha Thomas. Who the f was Samantha, how was I supposed to know. But each one of those packages always contained petty things. Chips, Doritos, my favourite magazines. I had my suspicions that it was Taylor. I even had a crazy conspiracy theory that she changed her name from Taylor Sam to Samantha Thomas. Maybe people called her her last name and she just claimed it was short for Samantha. It was a pile of bologna but a girl can hope. I mean, who else would send things across the country where you could get in the supermarket across the street.

"I know where she is, I'm going to get her back. Where she belongs." He said determined.

"Who are you to decide where she belongs." I retorted skeptically.

"Come on Ash-"

"DO NOT CALL ME ASH"

"Come on Lynn-"

"DO NOT NICKNAME ME"

"Ashlynn Leah Dorns! Listen!" He nearly yelled.

"How did you know my mid-"

"I have to get her back here, she grew up here and she left for no reason. I know where she is and I'm asking you to come with me. You know the school she's been going too? There's gangs there Ashlynn, Blake normally goes to New Yo-" he stopped himself before he could say anymore. 

I decided to let it go.

"Saving? One year, no calls, no texts, nothing. And you think she needs....saving?" I said bitterly.

Can't lie, I am quite pissed she would do this. Who does she think she is? So selfish. Yet who could blame her. 

"Please Ashlynn." he begged.

"And what if she doesn't want to come back?" I reasoned.

"Then, I would accept that that was the last time I'll ever see her and try to forget about her completely."

"Hold on." I sighed. 

My house babe.  I texted Justin. 

"Could you like give me a moment to freshen up, you did just barge in you know." I said skeptically.

Brad looked like he just realised this as his eyes widened before he said,

"Of course, of course I'll be in the living room."

I had a quick shower and threw on a plain white tee shirt and ripped jeans. As I opened the door, I allowed my feet to sink in the fluffy carpet I called my floor. I found Justin leaning against the wall in a blue shirt, jeans and a beanie.