twenty

*note: read out loud, slowly, and pretend you are Nora, if possible. I hope it'll affect you*

Dear Cole,

I'm not sure why I'm writing you this letter.

After everything that's happened, I know I probably shouldn't. You would think it's silly anyway.

But I just can't stop myself from putting my pen to this paper. I can't stop myself from letting you know how I really feel.

I have two things to tell you:

The first is that I love you, Cole.

Not in a physical way. Not in a romantic way. Not even in such a way that I desire to see you everyday.

But I do want the best for you in life, Cole. I want you to be happy. I want you to find a real love that consumes every part of your soul, a love that makes your whole body tingle.

You don't have to find it in a person, of course. It can be in any passion that comes to you. And with that note, you should know that you won't always find it while searching for it. Often times I think we fit our idea of love into a mold; usually, it is a shape that no person can fit into.

The second thing is that I find you beautiful.

I can literally feel you eye rolling about me telling you this. You like to hold onto your manliness without the added flowers and compliments, but it's the truth.

I'm glad we spent time together. It was fun.

I've learned so much from my experience with you. Turns out, I was just as judgmental as the next person. I think we all are in different ways.

I never thought you would be the type of person I'd want to hang out with all of the time, but you were. I never thought you could have a nice side, but you did.

I want to thank you from relieving me of my incapability of seeing past the cover by giving you a gift of my own words:

I want you to know that beauty isn't something merely seen on the outside. It isn't even completely  our insides.

Because I think your smile is beautiful, but a heart of gold is just as important.

It's our actions, what we share with the world and what what words we say. It's our eyes when they glisten with happiness. It's our insane personalities that burst through the surface like a bubble that pops at a touch. It's everything about us and more.

You've helped me understand that more than anyone, and I'm so grateful.

Maybe I will you see you in the future. Maybe not.

But I will forever hope that you have a good, fulfilling life.

For now, this is my goodbye.

With all my love,

and every ounce of beauty I wish to share with you,

Nora Nightingale.

---------------------------------------------------------

[A/N]

THOUGHTS????!!!!???!!!!!?

this is the end ( i think ) but epilogue coming soon (???)

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK IT WAS A GOOD ENDING?

( hahhahaha i didn't proof read and prob shouldn't upload it since it's a big part of my story, but oh well)

and guys, this was so weird for me to write because I have this best friend that just went off to boot camp and we kind of have a history, but we never dated... and i've been debating on writing him for a couple of weeks now...

i have a boyfriend now, but I love him as a friend and I'm just not sure what to do... ughhhhhhh

REMINDER: THIS ISNT THE COMPLETE END END. BECAUSE I WANT TO GIVE COLE ANOTHER SHOT