25

Yawning, I rubbed my eyes lazily and sat up, leaning against the head board of my bed as I squinted at the bright light that was coming from my window.

"I'm dying," Aubree said as the blankets started moving on their own. I looked to my left to see Aubree laying under my blankets, groaning at the sun ray that was distracting her from sleep.

"I'll close the curtains for you," I replied, feeling more awake than before as I got out of my bed and closed the curtains, shutting out the light as Aubree sighed in satisfaction.

I went to my bathroom and did my morning routine, not bothered to get changed out of my pjs which consisted of a unicorn onesie as I headed downstairs. I made my way into the kitchen, passing the fridge but when something caught my eye, I walked backwards till I was standing in front of the fridge again, seeing a bright neon, yellow note.

Thea & Aubree, your dad and I are going on a little vacation for his birthday and we'll be back Monday morning,
love your parents xxx

I cringed at the thought of Anastasia and my dad on vacation. Sighing, I scrunched up the note and threw it in the trash as I opened the fridge and took out a jug of orange juice. When I closed the fridge door, I almost immediately screamed at the sight of a tall figure, looming over me with a sleepy facial expression. A hand flew to my beating heart as I slapped Xavier's chest.

"You're lucky I didn't drop the orange juice or my life would be ruined," I hissed, not wanting to wake up the others that were crashed on the leather couch.

"Pour me some?" Xavier questioned in his sleepy voice that had my eyes widened and the butterflies in my stomach fluttering.

Xavier and the boys decided that they were too tired to go home last night so they asked permission from our parents if they could crash a bit and Anastasia immediately agreed, not letting my father have any say in it, most likely because he was drunk.

I grabbed two empty glasses that I could find and poured some juice in it before giving a glass to Xavier as I watched him gulp it all down.

"That was fast," I commented with a shake of my head, a smile playing on my lips as I sipped on the juice.

"Orange juice wakes me up," Xavier informed as he walked towards the bathroom that was just right around the corner.

"Why are you all so loud?" a lazy voice asked from the living room as Carl tried walking into the kitchen but he only ended up falling so he crawled towards me like a toddler.

"I'm not your mom," I said. "Just putting it out there."

Carl only scoffed and hurriedly got up, snatching his phone from his back pocket then looked at his screen. "Oh shit."

And with that, he ran out the door.

Strange.

Xavier emerged from the bathroom with his hair, slacking off to the side, making me chuckle at the unnatural sight. Xavier arched an eyebrow in confusion before heading off to the living room, with I, in tow as I watched him grab a pillow and slammed the pillow on Marco and Luke's face. Just as he was about to slam it onto another person's face whom I assumed was Carl, he blinked at the blank space on the ground. 

"Where'd he go?" Xavier questioned, confused. 

"He rushed out the door," I answered with a shrug. 

"Something's going on with him," Xavier muttered under his breath as he looked at Marco and Luke who was now fully awake. 

"Want me to check it out?" Marco questioned.