58- Mornin' to you too

Conrad killed the engine and rushed to the passenger’s side to open the door for her.  She was gawking at all the bright neon lights and he could not believe that he had not thought about taking her out at night to see the colorful nightlights.  He should wait for it to rain first; then it would really be spectacular!  He nearly decided to just drive her around all night; but knowing that she would love the movie he was taking her to made him decide against it.  They could always come out again tomorrow night if she wanted to.  Taking her hand; he helped her out and locked the car after she had taken out her teeny handbag.

“Wow; this is so pretty!”  She gushed as she stared at the flashing lights.

“Not half as pretty as you are.”  He whispered in her ear; making her shiver lightly.

Her face lit up brighter than the brightest light and she was so dazed that she allowed him to take her hand and lead her inside.

After waiting in the line to buy the tickets; they moved over to the other line and waited for their turn to get something to eat and drink while they watched the movie.  When they got close to the front; Conrad asked Grace what she would like to have.  She could not make up her mind; so when it was his turn to place his order; he ordered two of their largest sodas; largest popcorns as well as a selection of other sweets.

“Are you sure this is going to be enough?”  The cashier asked sarcastically; and just to be otherwise; Conrad got them two more big slabs of chocolate and potato chips.

“I think that should be enough now.”  He said as he paid for their ‘snack’ while Grace giggled like a school girl at the incredulous expression on the cashiers face.

Conrad had made sure to get them good seats for the movie and they shuffled through the packed theatre in low lighting.  Grace was bouncing in her chair in excitement; unable to sit still for more that thirty seconds.

She clapped her hands gleefully.  “Jackie Chan is my favorite!”  She squealed happily as she gripped his arm.  “Thanks you so much for this.”  Then she did something that he never would have expected.

Grace leant towards him and smacked a noisy kiss on his cheek.

He was too stunned to say or do anything.  Grace had until now; been very stingy in showing affection so he treasured the thought that she had given him such a spontaneous kiss.

“You’re welcome.”  His voice was hoarse and breathless and she turned to him in surprise.

“Why is your …”

Whatever she was going to ask was forgotten as the lights dimmed and the music came on loudly.  Grace slammed her hands over her ears and started giggling nervously a second later.  As the loud advertisements and previews aired; she sat closer to him and nervously looked for a hand to hold.

Conrad took her hand and let their hands rest together on the armrest between them.  He had taken the sodas and popcorn away from her as soon as she had started bouncing around; so now he put one of the popcorns on his lap so that she would be able to help herself as she wanted.

“Let me know when you are thirsty; OK?”

Knowing he could see her; she merely nodded; her attention firmly on the screen in front of them.  When the movie started she gripped his hand even tighter and he could feel the energy bubbling inside her.

Throughout the movie Conrad watched her instead of the screen.  No matter what Jackie was up to; he couldn’t hold a candle to the action going on right next to him!

Grace laughed out loud at the hilarious parts; practically stuck her hand in her mouth when some of the characters were in trouble.  She even dodged with her hero to miss the blows aimed at him.  And through all of it she managed to finish one and a half container of popcorn; her full soda and most of the sweets as well.