Chapter XI

Thank you @MadisonElina_11 for sending me this cover on Twitter! I really love it.

Edited

I woke up at around 9 AM in the morning, not hearing the sound of my alarm clock. Time flies so fast, it's already Monday today and my mom still won't let me go to school. It's been almost three days since I've been stuck in my bedroom. I am itching to go out of the house but I'd rather pass it since I don't want to hear my mom bickering again and point out the "what if's" that could happen to me.

I hear a knock on my bedroom door and looked at the person who is about to enter, my mom's head popped on the doorframe and I looked at her, wondering why isn't she still off to work, "There's someone who wants to visit you," she said.

"Hey!" I hear Amelia's voice. She enters the room and jumps into my bed happily and we started giggling.

"I thought you would be needing some company while I am off to work plus, I know you are bored here inside your room and I decided to let Amelia come to entertain you."

"And your mother never ceases to fail whom to reach out to!" Amelia points out and winks at my mom and my mom smiles at Amelia. "Thanks, Mrs. J," Amelia added.

"Right, I'm off to work now. Hailey, you behave and Amelia, please look out for my daughter," My mom said and Amelia salutes. "Got it!" Amelia replied.

My mom shuts my bedroom door and Amelia turns her head at me, smiling. "I bought ice cream, it's in the freezer. Ben and Jerry's your favorite!" She squeals and I squealed as well. "Come on, let's go downstairs and watch some TV."

I slipped on my comfy slippers and Amelia helped me stand up from my bed. We went down the stairs to go to the living room, "Thanks for accompanying me. Wouldn't your mom be worried if she finds out that you're not in school?" I asked.

"Nah! I told her that I'm coming over here to babysit you. Plus, I finally had a good reason to skip school which is, thanks to you and the accident," Amelia says as I looked at her, "Not literally though," She added as she smiles awkwardly.

As we were both headed down the stairs to go to the living room and watch some TV, Amelia offered her hand to help me step down the staircase, slowly but surely. If this is what people experience and go through whenever they get injured or get into an accident, I don't like it but at the same time, I like the feeling of it.

It was the first time I felt my mom's concern for me, how worried she was when she found out but it was a bit too much than what I expected. The con side of being like this is that people would point at my face—laugh their asses off because of the accident, reminding me how clumsy I am as a person and I'M BORED. I've been stuck at this house and I badly want to leave like go to a coffee shop and read my favorite book or go to the park and feed the birds.

Not the birds part really, I don't like to feed the birds because they are so mean to me whenever I try to give them a piece of my food, they ask for more! "Stay here, I'll cook you some breakfast first before we dig into the ice cream," Amelia said as she helped me sit down on the couch. I watch her leave the living room to enter the kitchen.

I grabbed the remote that was sitting on the coffee table and turned the television on. I then opened Netflix and started browsing through Comedy. I stopped at The Breakfast Club. I pressed play and set the remote back on the coffee table. I grabbed the pillow beside me and hugged it as I try to relax and watch the movie.

"Hey! I think I burned the waffle! I really don't know how the waffle thing works!" Amelia shouts from the kitchen as I paused the movie and try to stand up slowly. I walked my way towards the kitchen as I start to smell the burnt food that Amelia has prepared for me for breakfast. I entered the kitchen slowly as I look at Amelia on the face and she gave me an awkward smile.