twenty

to take a break from the drama i wanted a cute chapter to show y'all talia's close friendship with aaron so here you go !! lmao enjoy

-

Talia's eyes shifted to the clock as she took the coffee cup from the barista's hand with a smile. She lifted it to her lips, it was far too hot to drink yet, and turned to head back towards the seat she'd chosen while she waited for Aaron to arrive.

They'd chosen to meet at a coffee shop, just as they did when they first became friends. They'd first met at the tender age of sixteen when they'd acted together back in the UK before both of them had chosen to move to the US - together - to further pursue their acting careers.

At first they'd worked primarily together, but ended up on opposite sides of the US and had temporarily drifted from eachother. They'd since rekindled their friendship, obviously, and she was godmother of his children and a bridesmaid at his wedding. They had shared a close friendship for years and were happy to have the opportunity to spend time together again.

Just as she sat in her seat, the door to the coffee shop swung open and in walked a rather fatigued looking Aaron. He waved in her direction before wandering up to the counter and ordering a coffee and bacon sandwich considering it was approaching 6pm and he was absolutely starving after a day cluttered with hectic meetings and script readings. 

He took his seat opposite Talia with a smile, which she warmly returned, and he sighed out a brief, "Hello stranger. Have we met before?"

Talia laughed, taking a sip of her drink, "Shut up, dickhead," she poked out her tongue and placed her cup down, "How've you been?"

Aaron drew in a breath, blinking for a second too long, "I presume not the best, then? Have things with Sam been that bad?" Talia leaned forward as Aaron twiddled his thumbs.

"Well that's sort of why I wanted to meet you - And to catch up of course - but I'm in a considerably difficult situation and I needed your help." he huffed, hand pushing his hair out of his face as Talia's face twisted into a sympathetic smile.

Talia nodded, slugging down the remainder of her drink already and taking a mental note to buy another one once they'd finished discussing Aaron's relationship problems.

"We've been having trouble for a while, obviously," he paused momentarily, gathering his thoughts, "But the time I've spent away from her filming these past few months has felt, well, mildly relieving. And to make things worse, I'm beginning to think I've met someone else." 

Talia bit her lip, hand lifting to rest on his where it was slumped on the table. She ran her thumb over the back of his hand soothingly and sat idly for a moment, a warm and comforting smile apparent on her face, "Well if that's the case, you really do need to end things with her. Even if it's not an immediate divorce, finalise your separation, Aaron."

"You think that's the best idea?" 

"I'm almost certain, babe. Look I've known you long enough to know when you're happy. Sam made you sickeningly happy for the first few years you were together, but you've not been the same recently and that's more evident than you think. I want what's best for you both, and if that is separation then so be it," she closed her eyes, "Who is this new girl, anyway?"

"Her name's Leia," he smiled, cheeks flushing as he spoke her name with delicacy as though speaking any louder was a sin, "She's amazing - really."

Talia's smile broadened to one of genuine happiness now, as opposed to merely sympathy. She clicked her tongue, "Don't rush into things, babe, but I'm glad. Look - take things slow. Make sure things with Sam are on good terms and this is what you really want, I don't want to see you in the turmoil you've been in recently again."

Aaron nodded, nothing left to say on the matter, and smiled, "Thank you, Talia. I don't know where the fuck I'd be without you, even though you're a pain in the arse sometimes."

She laughed, eyes crinkling as they always did in genuine amusement and happiness, "You know I'm always here for you, Aar, even though you're a far worse pain in the ass than me-" she stuck her tongue out again, "But seriously. You've always been here for me so I'm always here for you."

"I love you, Tal, seriously. Not quite as much as your precious Sebby does, but that's quite impossible so there's no surprise there." he winked, his teasing tone clear to Talia.

"Shut up," she groaned, "Come on asshole, let's go get some actual food. I'd kill for a curry right now."

---

best friend bonding time that worked out a little shittier than i'd hoped but :-) atj is an angel and so is leia (kurtswagner) so i wanted this to happen.

for the next chapter, do y'all want fluffy sebalia shit or mildly funny group chat stuff or sebalia texts or an ig post or what? i wanna know what y'all want i feel like i'm losing the way w/ some of this

elöise