Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven 

I tapped my foot on the concrete floor nervously, looking around, when I finally caught a glimpse of that mess of blonde hair I had fallen so easily in love with. Without even thinking, I ran as fast as I could over to him, dropping my bag in the process, only to came in contact with his sturdy chest. I hugged him as if it was the last time I would ever see him again. He sqeezed me tightly back. We didn’t say a word.

      Lifting my head, I kissed him right on the lips. I didn’t care if he wasn’t expecting it, because I knew that he wanted to kiss me. I slid my tongue into his mouth, and then, as if waiting for permission, he did the same. He was the same boy who taught me the meaning of the word love. As we kissed I felt a tear drip down the side of my cheek. I had missed him so much.

      “Ah, yes! Young love! You two kids are so adorable!” Adam exclaimed, completely ruining the moment.

      I pulled away regretfully, “Shut up, Adam! Go wait in the freaking car!”

      “Whatever. Hope you two don’t get carded when you try something you’ll regret,” he said, walking off, laughing to himself. Adam was the one with the car and the license, so he was the one who had to drive me here, to the airport, to pick up Josh.

      “You’re here!” I said, embracing the boy before me once more.

      “I’m here!” he smiled widely.

      “I’ve missed your face so much!” I laughed, burying my face in his chest.

      “And I’ve missed yours!” 

      “So, are we going to go get your luggage, or what?” I questioned, reluctantly pulling away from him.

      “Nah!”

      “Aw! That wasn’t a question, we’re getting your luggage because there is no way in hell that you’re wearing your current clothes for the next fourteen or whatever days,” I said strongly.

      “Whatever you say, Jules.” Before I knew what was happening, he had picked my up in his arms, and was carrying me over to baggage claim.

      “Have a nice flight?” I asked, kissing his tanned cheek.

      “I guess,” he shrugged.

      “Good. Now, put me down,” I demanded.

      “I haven’t done this in, like, two months, no way!” he laughed, defying me.

      “Josh put me the heck down now!” I squealed.

      “No.”

      “Josh!”

      “Fine,” he said, gently releasing me, so I slid out of his arms, and my feet firmly planted on the ground.

      “Is that your flight?” I asked, as I spotted “L.A.” in big letters on a screen above the conveyor belt of endless baggage.

      “Yup.”

      “Are the pink suitcases yours?” I teased, seeing two bright pink bags move past.

      “Yes, actually, they are,” he said, kissing my cheek.

      “Well, then you should go get them,” I grinned.

      “Or I could go get those very nice black ones that happen to belong to me,” he suggested.

      “That could work too.” I watched as he heaved the two masses off the conveyor belt, and started to drag them both behind him. Nope.