Haunting Thoughts [Chapter 15]

"If I fall, can you pull me up?

Is it true, you're watching out

And when I'm tired, do you lay down with me?

In my head so I can sleep without you?"

"Don't Forget About Me" -The Cloves

             There was a sense of completion when Ophelia had an outfit; having tried on the shirt under Bucky's encouragement, she found it fit her flawlessly. The entire outfit together really made Ophelia feel as though she was ready for whatever was going to be thrown her way. Steve had informed her that he had asked Sharon to grab a few things for her as well, including an ear piece to talk through, and some functional gadgets that were similar to Natasha's. Her fighting skills were there, strength and stamina as well, but in the past Ophelia had typically used a gun. She had typically been sent in to an unsuspecting victims house and shot them point blank, like a coward.

             By seven that night, they had gotten themselves a hotel room to stay in for the night. Settled in, exhausted and ready to crash, the group of four walked into their small room. It was nothing fancy, just two beds, a TV upon a dresser, a couch and a mini fridge. It was all they needed, and Ophelia put her bag of all her new clothing down upon the dresser and relaxing her stressed shoulders. Hopping up on the wooden dresser, she let her legs dangle and leaned against the wall just beside the old tube TV. Surrounded by people she cared about more than anything else in this world, Ophelia wondered how many of them would still be in one piece at the end of all this.

             Haunting thoughts always seemed to cross her mind even at the best of times, but she considered herself the realist.

           "We should get an early night," Steve said in a methodical tone.

           "I'll take the couch." Sam offered, flopping down on it quickly and spreading his arms over the back. The window behind them was covered with a cream-coloured curtain. Steve and Bucky were still in the hallway section by the door, and Steve placed his hand on Bucky's shoulder in way that showed how long their friendship had endured.

           "Tomorrow isn't going to be easy," he said. "We're up at the crack of dawn to meet Sharon."

           "Are you going to tell her how you feel?" Ophelia asked playfully, a smile on her pink lips. Bucky broke from Steve's grip and crossed over to the dresser, leaning against it. Ophelia slid her hand over his shoulder, clutching tight and lovingly.

          "You're never going to drop this, are you?" Steve laughed, crossing over to the bed and sitting on the end of it. It creaked slightly, sunk in under his weight.

           "Nope." Ophelia grinned. Then she changed the topic, because the night had to come and go, and things were going to get a bit more complicated tomorrow. "Should we call up for some dinner?"

           Sam threw his hand in front of him, his muscles flexing in his arm as he did. "It's like she's read my mind."

           "I think it was more the hearing your stomach growl from all the way over here," she joked, and then hopped down from the dresser. 

           She grabbed the black, leather covered binder that was placed nicely on the center of the dresser for guests to scan through; in the back beyond the safety procedures and things to do in Berlin, there was a menu for the restaurant in the hotel, as well as places to go surrounding the area. Despite having so many to choose from, Ophelia figured it would be best to have food brought up to them to avoid risking having their faces being recognized. There were still people out looking for them, Bucky in particular, and they couldn't stay in one place too long, let alone go out for dinner together.