Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Typing at light speed, I am currently attempting to finish a paper for history and its taking the piss. There is so much I have to do before going back to school. Tomorrow is New year's eve and my mother is having a party in honour of it. Christmas day went by smoothly, morning presents was the only time my parents spoke to each other; we ate our dinner in silence and spent the rest of the day sitting in front of the television in an awkward silence.

At least it was peaceful. No arguing or harsh words that can't be taken back once said.

We visited bits and pieces of the family on boxing day, my mother and father putting on a charade that they were a happy, functional, married couple and me pretending like I wasn't being stalked by a cyber bitch and when they asked me about school, that was even worse.

Suddenly, I heard a rumble downstairs. I pulled out one of my headphones and heard another crash- I put down my computer screen and ran down the stairs in the direction of the noise. I looked over the situation and saw my father with his head in his hands, my mother stood pinching the bridge of her nose and the glass coffee table was in between them, completely obliterated. I sighed and walked over in between them.

"Okay, dad go for a shower." I ordered.

"Sky." He said standing up, looking at me with sorrow.

"Go cool off and I'll clean this up." I said as if he were the child in this equation. Once he was gone I turned to my mother and subtly checked her for marks- luckily she had none.

"Mom, you go and start cooking dinner; we are not having takeaway for the fourth time this week." I said.

"Okay." She smiled and walked into the kitchen. I ran my hands through my hair and grabbed a bin bag from the cupboard under the stairs, then started picking up large shards of glass. Once the majority of them had been picked up I grabbed a dustpan and started the clear away smaller pieces. I placed the bag in the glass recycling bag outside then walked back into the house. I sat down the sofa trying to process all of this when I see something glint under the arm chair, I got on my hands and knees and searched for the item. I picked up yet another piece of glass which belonged to our coffee table. I pushed myself to my feet to take it to the recycling but as I did that the shard slipped from my hand, slicing its way down my palm and hitting the ground.

"Shit!" I exclaimed, holding on to my now bleeding palm. I carefully bent down the pick the evil thing up and ran to the recycling to dispose of it, then bolted to the sink to wash my hand. My mother saw and assisted me by getting some bandages and then covering my now seeping wound.

"You okay?" She asked, kissing the palm of my hand.

"I'm fine." I said and then thanked her, I tried to walk out the room but she called me back.

"I just wanted to let you know, Harr- Mr. Styles will be here early tomorrow to have that dinner we talked about." My mother said.

"He's coming to the party tomorrow night?" I asked confused. She nodded and then went back to cooking. "Okay, I'm going to finish up my school work." I returned to my laptop but before I could do anything my phone inevitably buzzed next to me.

From Unknown:

Excited for tomorrow? – A

"Oh fuck off, faceless creep." I muttered to myself then deleted the message, returning to my work.

***

"So he is coming round for dinner?" Aria said looking puzzled on my computer screen.

"Yup. My mom wants to thank him for everything he has done for me. Can we change the subject please?" I explained shortly.