But

If the world had stop spinning, it was from this moment. 

Owen didn't want to let her go, sure he has barley known her, but they created a special bond. Owen imagined himself caring for her all the time. Teaching her how to read, having little projects together, and be a mini family. He wanted to save her from the path she was thrown on. Help her get through the scars and memories that made her cower in fear.

Jessica held on to Owen for dear life. She finally found someone to care for her. He wanted to make her smile, not just do stuff. Jessica actually had a real name because of Owen. She didn't wanna break the promise she made on the wall. 

Claire stood by the two, watching how Jessica buried herself into Owen. She sighed and places a light hand on Jessica's back, making Jessica flinch.

"I'm sorry, but I have to bring her to the Control room." Claire said softly. She went to move her hands to the sides of the child, only to have Owen block her.

"No." Owen said firmly, making Claire step back in surprise.

"Owen, you have to give her back to her family." Claire said calmly.

"No, if her mom truly cared, then I wouldn't of found her in a Raptor cage with bruises everywhere. In fact I will tell it to her myself when she gets here." Owen growled. He stood up with Jessica in his arms and placed $40 on the table. "Keep the change Roc."

The two walked away, with both Roc and Claire in shock. Sure Owen stands up to people, but not like that. The only person Owen has ever snapped at like that is Vic Hoskins, who has been up Owen's ass about training the Raptors to be used in the military field.

"Mr. Owen?" The little voice asked. Owen snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the little girl. Her eyes were glassy with tears. Little Jessica was holding on tight to Owen's vest as he held her on his hip. Owen gave her a sweet smile.

"Now, whats with the tears? A pretty girl like you doesn't need to cry." Owen sad to her. He wiped away her small tears, and looked at a stand. Owen smiled and walked over to the stand with Jessica in his arms.

"Step on up sir! You wanna try?" The man at the booth said, trying to get customers. It was a rifle that you would use to clear out the red star. 

"How much for a round?" Owen asked.

"8 for 70 shots. You in?" The man said. Owen looked at Jessica then at the target.

"Lets do it." Owen pulled out 10 dollars, and gave it to the man. He told the guy to keep the change as he loaded up the gun. Jessica stood next to Owen as he was kneeled on the ground for aim. The worker gave her ear muffs, so the sound wouldn't be too much. The bell rang and the firing began.

As Owen shot, Jessica watched with curiosity of how the machine worked. She looked at Owen stance and breathing patterns. Jessica watched how his arm would tense as he pulled the trigger. In the past, this is what she would do to learn.  She would watch and learn.

The man working the both as blown away. Owen shot the outline of the red star so well, it fell out of the paper. Owen pointed to the stuffed animal behind the worker.

"That one please." Owen said with a grin. The man handed him the animal and Owen gave the man back Jessica's ear muffs. Owen then kneeled to the ground and handed it to Jessica.

 Owen then kneeled to the ground and handed it to Jessica

Jessica looked at the bunny then at Owen. She didn't understand.

"I got it for you." Owen told her. Jessica hesitantly took the bunny, and Owen slowly retracted his hands from it for her to hold. Jessica held the bunny to her chest and snuggled her face in it. Owen smiled and picked up his little Rabbit. Jessica began to rub her eyes and yawn. Owen chuckled and watched the little blonde res her head on his shoulder.

"Lets go home for a nap, okay?" Owen said to the tired child in his arms. But Jessica didn't understand a word he had said.

"Home?"

------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think Claire will do?

Do you think Jessica will go back?

Let me know!

Sorry if this chapter sucks, I am slightly hungover :)

~Charlie