Chapter 35

Words: 3254

Pulling on my yellow cardigan, I got myself ready for tonight. I had promised Remus that I could help him for this transformation. Honestly, the thought is starting to scare me the more I think about it. What if something goes wrong? What if he ends up hurting me, not only would that suck but then he wouldn't be able to live with himself. No, stop thinking like that Thisbe. You can handle yourself. You won't let him hurt you for the best of both of us.

Picking up my glasses from my bed, I slipped them on my face and blinked a few times to get used to the color adjustment. After putting my books away and making my bed, I made sure everything was perfect before I left for the night. Thankfully the other girls were all in the small party the Hufflepuffs are throwing, so they couldn't question what I was doing. Apparently some sixth years snuck in a whole bunch of butter beer.

Opening the window to the doom, It was right off the ground of the basements. I easily crawled out of it and onto the grass, closing it behind me. Looking in both directions to see if anyone was watching, when there was no one, I transformed into my owl. Taking flight, I soared around the skies for a minute before finally making my way to the other side of the castle. Weaving through the towers, I spotted a few heads of students as I passed by. The sun was close to setting not long from now, so I'm guessing I should hurry up.

I spotted the Whomping Willow and dived towards it. On the ground, a few feet away from the dangerous tree, was a figure of a lean boy who was watching me. I flew in close and smoothly changed right beside him, appearing as a human. "Thanks for actually coming." He told me, cringing slightly at the pain in his chest.

Before even responding to him, I put his arm on my shoulder and leaned him on me. He looked like he was about to pass out, or his legs were going to cripple underneath him. " Anything for a friend." I reassured him, helping him closer to the tree. He pointed out to a large stick on the ground.

"We need to touch the base of the tree to calm it. Use the stick ."He informed me. I let go of him for a moment to run over to the stick. Picking it up, I nervously edged towards the Willow. It was trying to swing it's branches wildly at me, making me jump back a few times. Finally, I managed to nudge it with the long stick and it surprisingly frozen in place. I only had a few seconds to marvel at it before Remus let out a loud yelp, clutching his stomach. Snapping back in place, I threw the stick down and ran over to him, helping him limp over to the small tunnel.

Inside it was pure darkness, so I slipped out my wand and casted Lumos, causing my wand to create a bright white light. I held it out in front of us as we hurried down the tunnel. It felt like it would never end, but then again It was a path all the way down to Hogsmeade. Of course it would take a long time to get through it.

Around us, we heard the small squeaks of creatures and I jumped a few times as a rat ran over my foot. Roots hung from the ceiling and the dirt around us crumbled at our footsteps. In the silence, the grunting of Remus grew louder and louder, and I could help but feel even worse for the boy. At one point, he had to stop and hunch over clutching his arms. I bit my lip, hoping we could get to the shack in time before he transformed.

Patting his back, I had to force him back up. "Come on, come on Remus we have to get there."I tried motivating him as I gently tugged him onto his feet. He nodded, biting his teeth together. Finally , almost four minutes later there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Remus's breathing was getting heavier and heavier and I didn't know if he would even make it.

"Thisbe," He panted,"A-are you sure-" I cut him off and quieted him.

"I'm going to help you Remus, now shut it." I scolded him, wasting his energy on trying. At the end, there was a set of stairs carved out of the rock and it lead to a small trapdoor.