Chapter 27

So many things was running through Aaliyah's mind. How long Julia would take. How much time Iain had. If Lili would be taken away. No, no one can know of this.
Aaliyah saw Iain's skin start to turn blue along with his lips and his breathing began to become shallow.
Aaliyah laid him flat on the floor.

"Iain how could you do this.",

Lili stood in the doorway, crying her eyes out. Seeing her dad like this was something she would never forget.

"Lili turn away! Turn away Lili!",

Aaliyah began to perform rescue breathing on Iain, letting him borrow some of her breath. Thank goodness she took a CPR class in college.
The doorbell rung and Lilli raced to answer it.
Aaliyah heard running and then in came Julia with her medical bag and stethoscope.
"What's his condition?",
Julia took out a needle less injector and something that read Naloxone.

"Shallow breathing and erratic heart beat. Please save him."
Aaliyah answered her question, tears falling at a fast pace, she could barely see anything.
Installing the nasal spray Julia shot a half dose up one of Iain's nostrils before doing the same to the other.
Aaliyah didn't see any change in his state and started to panic, fearing the worst but not ready to expect it.

"What's going on? It's not working!",
Julia instructed Aaliyah to keep performing rescue breathing as she clocked Iain's pulse.

"It takes up to 8 minutes to take effect.",

8 minutes seemed like an eternity to Aaliyah, she hoped it would work, that Iain would wake up and she would see his ocean blue eyes once again.
Finally, Iain's breathing started to regulate and his skin returned to its original creme complexion.
Opening his eyes he squinted, seeing his mother in her doctor coat and Aaliyah crying hysterically confused him. Even Lili was crying.
"What happened?", He asked groggily.

Aaliyah wiped her tears and looked at him in anger and disbelief.
"You overdosed.",

The memory then hit him like a pile of bricks. He royally fucked up and there was no way out of this one.
Julia put another bottle of Naloxone in the nasal spray injector.

"I need to know how long this has been going on young man.",
Iain stayed quiet.

"When did you start? And how long!", Julia raised her voice, demanding a response from her foolish son.

"Last week. Just a week.",
Julia harshly grabbed his arm and examined the few scars he had from the needle. She grabbed his head and have him another dose of the opiod stopper.
Packing up her supplies she stood up.

"I won't come next time. Either quit using or die.",

Julia walked out of the study passing by her crying granddaughter on the way out, not wanting to spare her a glance. By no means would she reacquaint her self with her grand child under these circumstances.
Aaliyah stared at Iain, unable to do anything else, she just stared. Her tears had long dried up and she didn't think she would be able to cry for a long time.
Iain sat up against his desk, grabbing her hand he caressed it.
"Aaliyah I'm sorry.",

"So am I.", Aaliyah replied before pulling back her hand and walking out of the study, she apologized to Lili on the way out. Going to their bedroom she gently closed the door, and laid on the bed, not bothering to get out of the floral dress Iain had gotten her.
She put her head on the pillow and closed her eyes, breathing deeply she relaxed. Then she felt the tears she thought were gone.
Iain stood up and walked over to Lilli, he reached out to hug her, but she had backed away.

"Lili please.", He couldn't lose her too.

Lilli started to cry again and hugged her dad, never wanting to let him go, if she did she was afraid she'll lose him like she almost did.

"Never again. Please don't do it again.",

Iain felt tears prickle his eyes.
"Never again.",

Lili looked him in the eyes.
"Promise?",

"I promise.",