Chapter 28

So many things was running through Aaliyah's mind. How long Julia would take. How much time Iain had. If Lili would be taken away. No, no one can know of this.
Aaliyah saw Iain's skin start to turn blue along with his lips and his breathing began to become shallow.

Aaliyah laid him flat on the floor.
"Iain how could you do this.", Lilli stood in the doorway, crying her eyes out. Seeing her dad like this was something she would never forget.

"Lilli turn away! Turn away Lilli!",
Aaliyah began to perform rescue breathing on Iain, letting him borrow some of her breath. Thank goodness she took a CPR class in college.
The doorbell rung and Lilli raced to answer it.
Aaliyah heard running and then in came Julia with her medical bag and stethoscope.

"What's his condition?",
Julia took out a needle less injector and something that read Naloxone.

"Shallow breathing and erratic heart beat. Please save him.", Aaliyah answered her question, tears falling at a fast pace, she could barely see anything.

Installing the nasal spray Julia shot a half dose up one of Iain's nostrils before doing the same to the other.

Aaliyah didn't see any change in his state and started to panic, fearing the worst but not ready to expect it.
"What's going on? It's not working!",

Julia instructed Aaliyah to keep performing rescue breathing as she clocked Iain's pulse.

"It takes up to 8 minutes to take effect.",

8 minutes seemed like an eternity to Aaliyah, she hoped it would work, that Iain would wake up and she would see his ocean blue eyes once again.

Finally, Iain's breathing started to regulate and his skin returned to its original creme complexion.
Opening his eyes he squinted, seeing his mother in her doctor coat and Aaliyah crying hysterically confused him. Even Lilli was crying.

"What happened?", He asked groggily.
Aaliyah wiped her tears and looked at him in anger and disbelief.

"You overdosed.",
The memory then hit him like a pile of bricks. He royally fucked up and there was no way out of this one.

Julia put another bottle of Naloxone in the nasal spray injector.

"I need to know how long this has been going on young man.",
Iain stayed quiet.

"When did you start? And how long this time!", Julia raised her voice, demanding a response from her foolish son.

"Last week. Just a week.",

Julia harshly grabbed his face and stuck her mini flashlight up his nose. She grabbed his head and gave him another dose of the opiod stopper.
Packing up her supplies she stood up.

"I won't come next time. Either quit using or die.",
Julia walked out of the study passing by her crying granddaughter on the way out, not wanting to spare her a glance. By no means would she reacquaint her self with her grand child under these circumstances.

Aaliyah stared at Iain, unable to do anything else, she just stared. Her tears had long dried up and she didn't think she would be able to cry for a long time.
Iain sat up against his desk, grabbing her hand he caressed it.

"Aaliyah, I'm sorry. I let the demons win. I should've knew you would never...",

"So am I.", Aaliyah replied before pulling back her hand and walking out of the study, she apologized to Lilli on the way out. Going to their bedroom she gently closed the door, and laid on the bed, not bothering to get out of the floral dress Iain had gotten her.
She put her head on the pillow and closed her eyes, breathing deeply she relaxed. Then she felt the tears she thought were gone.

Iain stood up and walked over to Lilli, he reached out to hug her, but she had backed away.

"Lilli please.", He couldn't lose her too.

Lilli started to cry again and hugged her dad, never wanting to let him go, if she did she was afraid she'll lose him like she almost did.

"Never again. Please don't do it again.",

Iain felt tears prickle his eyes.

"Never again.",

Lilli looked him in the eyes.

"Promise?",

"I promise.",

Iain watched as Lilli went off to her bedroom, there was no way she would be able to get up for school later. He got a broom and started to sweep up glass shards, wanting to repair the mess he has made himself, and fix the strife he created.
Next, he put up the overturned table and chairs on the floor. Putting the books he knocked off back on shelf, Iain picked up stray papers all over. Then, he took care of the things that almost destroyed him, throwing rest of the white powder in the trash he walked out of the study. Almost down the hallway, he stopped mid-stride. Doubling back, he went back to his desk. Pulling on the top drawer, he reached for what he should've never abandoned. His medication.

I heard the bedroom door open then I felt the bed dip as someone sat beside me. I was now awake and alert, I knew it was Iain, but I don't think I was ready to face him, it just seemed hard at the moment. After what happened, I don't know if I'll even be able to look at him.
He sighed deeply.
"Aaliyah, I know you're awake.",

My breathing increased a bit but I stayed laying down and turned, keeping my back facing him.

"Please, look at me.", Iain pleaded.
I felt the tears come back, and I started to breathe out of my mouth to keep everything steady.
Slowly I faced Iain, he hasn't changed out of his suit and he looked sweaty and tired.

"I'm sorry Aaliyah. It's just....I ....I couldn't accept the fact that you..thought that way... About us. I over reacted and I'm sorry for putting you in that position. Lilli in that situation. It was selfish, careless and unforgivable, but I just want to apologize to you. I'm still trying to come to terms that it wasn't even your thoughts, it was mine. Please, find it in your heart to forgive me. Give me a second chance, I can't lose you. ",

I closed my eyes briefly before exhaling lowly, this was hard, mostly because Iain was apologizing and I felt like it was MY fault.
"Iain, it was my doing. I caused all of this, if I just hadn't-",
Iain grabbed the sides of my face leaning down to look into my eyes.

"It's not your fault. Don't ever say that or think that again. Please, I don't want you to feel like this. Don't.",

I put my hands on top of his, looking back at him. I felt the tears fall and as if on cue, he wiped them away.

"Let's just start over. I don't want this to change anything.",
Iain let go of me and got down on his knees as I sat up on the bed.
He pulled the ring I left on the study floor from his pocket.

"How can we start over? We've already been through too much, all we can do is remember or forget, and move forward. I love you Aaliyah, there I said it. I don't know when that happened but somehow it did and I honestly don't regret it. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, please, Marry me?",

I stared at the ring longingly, torn between what would be the logical choice, the right decision.
How could I trust him not to do what he has done literally an hour before? Should I just say yes so he won't do it?
I love him just as much as he loves me, if not more, but I don't know if I can marry him.
There's so much technicality, so many things could go wrong and I could end up like my mother and father after their 2nd remarriage and divorce, bitter.
What would my parents think of their daughter, a submissive, marrying her dominant. What would Angela think, I could hear her voice in my head now

"HOLY SHIT ARE YOU
INSANE?!",

I chuckled inside at the thought of her screaming and turning red at my impulsive personality.
Although, I'm taking all of that into consideration there's one thing that should matter only. How I feel, and I love Iain, I would do anything to please him. My master, my dominant, and my soon to be husband.