Chapter 25 - Lonely Universe

Sorry for the wait, everyone! I've been rather busy lately, and I haven't been feeling well either. It was a really pain in the ass, but I'm trying to make my comeback. (Unfortunately) I have a fulltime job now, so I still need to get used to the 8 hour shifts almost every day a week. I'm not used to them, lol. I'm used to school, sitting in a desk staring ahead of me - still sleeping, lol. Anyway, here you go huns! It's not much, but still.

-----

That night it became almost impossible for him to fall asleep. After two showers; trying to scrub all of Malfoy's blood off his body, he dropped to bed – paying no attention to Ronald rattling about his new girlfriend. No one seemed to know about Draco's health, nor did anyone ask about his leaving. Harry's eyes were red of crying, and his cheeks hurt – the salt of his tears having turned into some sort of acid, irritating his cheeks more at the minute. Ron was in the seventh heaven. His lips were swollen, his cheeks bursting red, and he smelled funny. Seamus and Neville seemed most interested in Ron's experience, and so he spoke with great detail – giving the impression to Harry as if he was close to feeling Ronald's tongue in his own throat, suffocating him with disgust. He wanted to say something, brawl at them – forcing them to stop. It appalled him, leaving him with agony knowing no one seemed to care about him. Wasn't his suffering visible? He turned to his side, mocking – trying to keep his lips from twitching as he held back more tears, his body bathing in sweat.

His roommates laughed, seemed to start throwing things at each other, and a sock landed right next to Harry's face. That's enough, he thought.

"Ron!" he shouted, tears running down his face unknowingly. "I honestly don't give a shit. Please, you know I'm lying right here."

Ron scoffed awkwardly, throwing looks at both Seamus and Neville. "I'm sorry, Harry. I didn't know you cared so much."

"Of course I do. Or well I don't, I just don't want to hear it. You've been ignoring me ever since you decided to hook up with her. I thought we were a team!"

Seamus couldn't hold his chuckle, and hid his face.

"You fucking pervert." Harry threw back the sock, landing right on Seamus' forehead. Ron cocked his head, not speaking just yet.

"You guys abandoned me, and for what?"

"Harry," Ron started, folding his hands together as he leaned in. "I know you have feelings for her. I've known it from the very beginning. It's always been a battle between us."

"Get your head out of your arse, man," Harry scoffed – wiping the drying tears off his chin. "She is my best friend."

"Mine too," Ron replied – dead silence leaving the rest.

"I would've told you if I couldn't handle it. But I can, because I have no feelings for Hermione whatsoever. She's like my fucking sister. We've been friends for so long!"

Ron shrugged, tugging his bed sheets to cover his bare legs. "I only did so to protect-"

"Protect what? Me? Seeing you with Hermione doesn't do shit to me compared to everything that happened to me in the past. I'm actually quite happy for you even."

"Again," Ron barked as he looked at him. "As if it's been only you suffering year after year after year. I was there too, Harry. Hermione was there. Neville was there, Seamus got almost kicked off school because his mother saw you as a threat. Because you are the chosen one doesn't mean shit. We all experience the same shit."

Harry stared at him, his lips pressed into a sour line – unable to speak now hatred and self-blame caused his lungs to cringe. "I know," he replied at last – shaking his head, wiping away the tears off his chin. "I know... And I'm sorry for that."

He thumbed the tip of his tongue along his chapped lips, and looked at his roommates – forcing a smile on his face as he got up from bed. "Excuse me."