Chapter 2 Alpha Moore

"It's good to see you again, Della Rosai."

I hug the old man tightly. "You too, Henry." I whisper. He pulls back and studies my face slightly.

"It's been too long," he says smiling brightly. He has the same smile Ness does.

"Way too long," Ness says putting her arm around my shoulders. I nod in agreement smiling at the two.

I look at Ness then Henry, but I quickly look back at Ness. I see something on her collar bone, a mark. I smile brightly at this new information.

I open my mouth to say something about it, a knock on the door stops me.

"Stay here." Ness says with a worried look. She walks out of the room.

"Oh. Hello Alpha Moore." She trails off.

"Hello Vanessa." He replies.

"How can I help you?" She asks.

"I'm here to discuss the matter of having your human friend here who claims to know our secret," he says. Seriousness laces his words.

I look at Henry who returns the look. I can see the worry in his eyes.

I look up as Ness comes into a room. A tall man behind her. He had a small, well kept brown brown beard, deep brown eyes, loosely done hair with small grey flecks. They show the stress of running a pack. He looks to be in his late forties.

I nod my head in a way of respect, and that he was 'more supreme than me.' He studies my features before pulling his hand out. "Hello, I'm James Moore, Alpha of this pack."

I take his hand in mine. I shake it. "Tia Martin." I say with a smile.

"Well Tia, may I ask why it is you're here?" He questions.

"I'm here to visit old friends. Nothing more." I reply.

He nods. He slightly strokes his beard.

"How is it you found out about our world?" He says, edginess in his voice. His wolf clearly doesn't want me, a petty human, here.

"I came across Vanessa and Henry a few years back. I was heading home from a hunting trip. They were surrounded by wolfs. I was going to help them ehen Vanessa shifted into a wolf. I was going to run, but when I saw how beaten up Henry was I grabbed my gun and shot the wolves." I explain, not breaking eye contact with him.

"You must have pretty good shooting skills," he says studying my expressions.

"Thank you, Alpha." I say bowing my head slightly.

He nodded to himself in a thinking manner. "You may stay, but-" he says pointing his finger at me. "-You must respect our ways and rules."

I look up at him. I see slight uneasiness in his eyes.

"I'll agree to the terms, but the longest I'll stay is a week."

He nods his head and puts his arm out. "Deal."

Smirking, I shake his hand.