Over And Over Again - Peter Parker x Reader

Words: 940 
Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader
Warnings: swearing, robbery, crying
Requested by @im-secretly-asain
Summary: Loosely based on Over and Over Again by Nathan Sykes, Peter missed hanging out with you, so he makes it up by taking you out for ice cream. He's got to think fast when someone decides to go at you two!
Authors Note: This one was fun, gotta love slight angst

And I won't leave you, always be true.

*Edited*

---

Peter smiled to himself as he swung back into his window. He felt great; he just kicked a mugger's ass, and feeling the cool air on his face late at night is always nice.

He took off his goggles and started to remove his suit so Aunt May wouldn't walk in his room to see what he was wearing; it was always risky coming back dressed like that. But he had to be quick to get out of there so no one would see him.

"Oh, so that's why you never showed up for our Mario Kart battle." You smirked as you stood leaning against his bedroom door with your arms crossed.

Peter jumped back and put his goggles back on, until he realized it was just you standing there. He dropped his goggles, and Peter put his hands up to his forehead. "Shit, I missed it again, didn't I?"

"Third time you've missed it." You rolled your eyes. "You really owe me."

"I know, I know, I'm really sorry." Peter sighed at himself as he pulled off his mask.

"What's the excuse this time?" You smiled.

"A woman was being robbed," Peter told you.

"Ah, another one?"

Peter laughed a bit as he quickly pulled off his suit to change into his normal look. "Yeah, it happens more and more- it sucks."

After Peter got dressed, you sat on his bed next to him. "So, when are you going to pay me back?"

"How about we go for ice cream?" Peter offered. "I'll pay."

"Does that mean you're going to ask May for money and count it as you paying?"

"No! I have some money." Peter said.

"Yeah?" You smiled.

"It's right he- oh." He sighed when he opened his drawer to see two dollar bills. "Hey...May?"

---

"Thanks for the ice cream, Pete." You smiled as you took a bite of your ice cream. "I just don't get how you can keep forgetting about our competitions over and over again. How do you manage to do that?"

Peter shrugged. "I think a bunch of bad guys don't want us to hang out, so they go all bad and distract me from hanging with you."

"What an excuse." You rolled your eyes. "So, let's reschedule."

"Alright, tomorrow night?" Peter asked you with a smile.

You pulled your phone out to put a reminder on your phone and text Peter to remind him. "Sounds great- hey!"

Someone had grabbed your arm and pushed you up against the wall. "Give me everything." The masked man said.

"Here!" You yelled and put your ice cream cone on top of his head.

The man looked you right in the eyes like he was going to kill you. "Hurry up, phone, money, everything!"

"I don't have any money." You told the man.

"You got a nice phone, there."

"Please...don't do this. I don't have anything!" You started to freak out, and the man's grip began to get tighter. You didn't know what else to do.

"Hey, get away from my friend!" You heard Peter yell.

"Go away, kid, and I won't hurt you." The man said.

"But I will," Peter said and punched the man in the head. He always seemed to be prepared.

"You should not have done that." The man let go of your arm and turned fully around to look at Peter. You quickly opened your phone to call the police.

"And you should not have touched my friend!" Peter yelled and shot a web to jump on the building to move around and kick the man down.

Peter grabbed you as your phone was ringing the police, and he shot another web to shoot the two of you up to a rooftop. "Yes, hello, there's a man passed out right in front of the ice cream parlor, an-and he's wearing all black and a black mask and, it's scaring me," You said, playing it off.

"We will be on our way." The woman on the other side told you, and you thanked her and turned off your phone. As soon as you clicked end, you fell into Peter's arms, and a few tears went down your face.

"Peter, if-if you weren't there, I don't know what would have happened." You told him.

"Shh, hey, you're alright, okay? The police are going to get that guy, and you are good, right?" Peter rubbed your back.

"If you weren't there, he would have taken all I have, and who knows what else he would have done to me?" You worried. "If you weren't there-"

"Hey, look at me," Peter told you, put his hand on your chin, and moved your head to have you look at him. "Don't think about if I weren't here, because I was. And I won't leave you, always be true." He said.

You hugged him again. "Thank, thank you, Peter. I don't know what I would do without you."

"Well, you don't have to think about that."

"Sorry I wasted May's money on ice cream that I ruined."

Peter laughed a bit with a shrug. "Well, it at least distracted the man and gave me enough time to think of what to do." He told you. "You handled it very well, and now that guy is going to get what was coming for him."

You smiled and nodded a bit. "Plus, I think May would be fine with you dumping ice cream of a horrible man who deserved it."

"You make a good point there." You told him.

"Hang on." Peter put his arm around you, and shot more webs to zoom you around the city.