Turn Red - Bucky Barnes x Reader

Words: 959
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Reader
Featuring: Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff
Warnings: jealousy, mentions of smut (but no actual), swearing
Requested by anon
Summary: At one of Tony's parties, Natasha wants to play matchmaker for her friends. Her match leads your secret boyfriend to get a bit jealous.
Authors Note: I love matchmaker natasha

*Edited*

---

It was a simple equation. You were at the party with the rest of the Avengers team like it always was. Taking advantage of the famous Stark's open bar and having a go at the catering. Talking with friends and dancing, it was all in good fun.

You were standing in the corner of the room talking with Tony, Steve, and Natasha. It wasn't a conversation about anything special, just small talk.

No one knew about your relationship with Bucky, so it sucked not being able to tell your crazy stories.

"Steve, did you ever go on a date with that agent I told you about?" Natasha asked.

"What, my old neighbor? No." Steve shrugged.

"Oh, well, I'll find you, someone." She smiled. "Tony, where's Pepper?" Natasha asked.

"Working." Tony shrugged. "What about you, Romanoff?"

Natasha took a sip of her drink. "You know how I work." She smirked. "I think we should focus on (Y/N)'s love life."

"What love life?" You laughed.

"Looks like I'll find someone to set you up with, too; you guys really need help," Natasha complained. "I got it; you two can get together!"

Tony laughed. "This is gonna be great."

Steve laughed a bit and turned to you. "Might as well make Natasha at least a bit happy and stop annoying us; want to dance?" Steve asked you.

"Uh, yeah." You said quietly.

"Just as friends." Steve clarified.

"Then, of course." You smiled and grabbed his hand.

"This isn't one of Tony's best parties."

You shrugged. "I think he was bored and decided to throw a last-minute party."

"Oh well, at least there's music." Steve smiled as he grabbed your hands to dance with you.

"At least there's that." You smiled and gladly took his hands to dance with him, your close friend.

As you two started to dance, you got to talking about random things. "You sure you don't have a boyfriend?" Steve raised his eyebrow at you.

"Yes, I'm sure." You laughed a bit, and it pained you to have to lie about Bucky. But Bucky being his best friend, it would be hard to tell him.

And as you tried to recommend people for Steve to go out with, time got away from you. You continued dancing and talking for longer than planned, but when you're with friends, that's what happens.

But little did you know that Bucky was standing on the overlook above where the party was. Bucky was watching you and Steve dance, laugh, and smile and it was killing him. He was red with anger, and his metal arm formed a fist as he got angrier every time you laughed at him. He didn't like the fact that Steve was dancing with you and touching you.

But what he didn't like even more was having to keep you a secret. He didn't want to have to keep your relationship a secret, but both of you agreed that it would be easier. What a stupid idea. He wanted to march down there, tell Steve to get his hands off you, and dance with you himself. Bucky wanted to kiss you and show everyone in the place that you two were together, that Bucky loves you! That's the part you didn't even know.

But he couldn't take it anymore. Bucky had enough when Steve and you got closer together, and you had your head in his shoulder. You two were still just talking and laughing, but now sitting off to the side with a few drinks.

Bucky walked down the steps and over to where you two were sitting. You looked up and smiled, only to see his face that looked like he was ready to kill.

"Hey Buck, I thought you were sick. Feeling better?" Steve smiled.

"Yeah, yeah. I was, until I saw you with them." Bucky nodded his head towards you.

"What's wrong?" Steve asked Bucky, as he was getting more mad.

"(Y/N)," Bucky said, not answering Steve, "Would you come with me?" He stuck his hand out.

"See you later, Rogers." You smiled.

"No, you won't," Bucky muttered, just loud enough for you to hear.

Bucky had your hand, and he led you to his bedroom. "What the hell was that!" Bucky yelled.

"What?"

"Don't act stupid!" Bucky said. "You were all over Steve! You're dating me!"

"Oh my gosh, you're jealous!" You said, trying not to yell.

"I'm not happy that you were all over Steve like it was nothing; and now you're treating it like it was nothing! You're dating me, and I don't want to keep it a secret anymore! I want to make sure no one touches you or anything like that happens." Bucky told you.

You walked up to him and kissed him. "Well, I, for one, don't know why we even kept it a secret in the first place. It was pretty dumb." You smiled.

Bucky smiled, but quickly wiped it away. "I'm supposed to be mad at you! Stop being so lovable." He said.

You smirked at him as he went up to kiss you again, which led to something more.

By the next morning, the whole team knew that you and Bucky were together.

"I should have known," Natasha said as you and Bucky came out for breakfast.

"How could you? They kept it a secret, and so well!" Tony laughed.

"That explains a lot as to why Bucky was going to kill me last night," Steve said.

Bucky put his arm around you and leaned in to whisper in your ear. "At least now I can show my love for you."

Your jaw dropped. "Love?" And Bucky nodded in response, causing you to sigh in relief. "Oh, I am so glad. I love you too."