Chapter 10: "I'm sorry Steve. I love you."

(The song is from Steve's point of view)

Steve's POV:

I walked out the conference room and followed Bailey outside.

"I knew I shouldn't have come." She said quietly.

"I'm sorry." I told her. I couldn't think of anything else to say.

"I know. I'm sorry Steve,but I'm not joining the Avengers. Tell Fury I said no.I'm gonna go." She told me. Then started walking down the sidewalk.

"Your not gonna fly?" I called to her.

"Nope. Told you, don't like to use my powers." She called back.

I paused for a second. "Wait you have more then flight?"

"Yep." Then she was out of sight. More abilities? How ma y does she have?

After that I went to the conference room. Now it was just Tony,Thor, Fury and agent Hill.

"So what would be there ship name?" I heard Tony telling Thor. "Stailey? No, I can do better."

What's a ship name?

Thor just smiled. "You work on that my friend.I must be off." He told Tony then left the room.

"Hey cap," Tony walked over. "Where's Bailey?"

"She left." I said Sounding disappointed. And to be honest, I was.

"That's a bummer, I rely liked her. She was funny." He said patting my back, then left the room.

I walked up to Fury who had finished talking to Maria Hill.

"She's not joining Fury." I told him.

"Well that's to bad. Well you did your part. She said that herself correct?" He asked me.

"Yes."

"Alright. Dismissed." He told me. Then I got on my motorcycle and drove to a flower shop. I picked up some flowers with purple and white flowers for Bailey. I felt bad for bringing her in for more then questioning. I hope she wasent mad at me. That and I feel like with all that's happened, she needs them.

Bailey's POV:

I got to Sam's and headed into the guest room. I think it's time I left. Steve won't like that but I feel it's what's necessary. Ya Hydra's still out there looking for me but they will always be looking for me. Then I heard a knock on my door. It was Steve.

"Come in." I said. He walked in with flowers in his hand. They were purple and white flowers. Purple was my favorite color. But it only made me even more guilty. He had a small smile on his face, Im going to miss that about him. In fact, I'm gonna miss everything about him.

"I uh got you these." He motioned toward the flowers.

"Thank you. They're very sweet. Your friends seem nice." I said the last part quietly.

"Whatcha doing with the back pack?" He asked. Oh no.

"I was um...re stocking it."

"Why? You planning to run away again?" He chuckled.

"Um..." I froze.

He stopped laughing, realizing I was serious. "Bailey, your not rely considering this. Are you?" His voice sounded broken. Gosh, I hate this part.

I said nothing. Just looked down at the floor. Trying to avoid looking at him. He walked closer. He put his hand on my cheek. Sadness filled his eyes.

"Bailey...if this is about Hydra then I won't let them take you. I'll keep you safe. Just please don't go." He begged me. His blues eyes mad my heart sink. How was I gonna do this?

"Steve I...i don't know what else to do. And SHEILD won't just let me not join the Avengers. They force it. I need to keep moving. Stay one step ahead of Hydra. You wouldn't understand." I told him. Not meeting his gaze.

"You know, I have a friend who is going through the same thing. He has had a bad experience with Hydra and he runs from his past everyday. They wiped him. He's still trying to figure out who he was. But, you know who you are. Your Bailey Grace, a wonderful, beautiful and amazing girl. You don't need to run. You would be leaving so much behind." He told me.

"Steve I..." I didn't know what to say. "When they find me, and they will, and you risk your life for me and get hurt or worse... I could never forgive myself. I can't take that chance. I'm sorry Steve."

"Well, if I stay and protect you then that's my choice. I have to live with whatever consequence that causes. And I'm willing to take that chance." He reassured me.

"No offense but, how will you be able to protect me from Hydra? Your one man." I told him.

"Your wrong. The Avengers will keep you from Hydra."

I sighed.

"I just want to keep you safe." He told me. Dang it, why is he so perfect? He's nice, caring, gentleman like, handsome. Ugh, I hate to say it but, he might be right. I guess SHEILD is the safest place for now. FOR NOW. It's not permanent, I can't believe I'm actually considering this.

"I guess...your right. But I'm not joining the Avengers or being asked any more questions. If so then so help me." I told him sternly."

"Thank you. That means alot to me. It's getting late. Crash here another night then head to HQ in the morning?" He asked me.

"Ya, I guess." I answered back, then I went and changed and brushed my teeth. Steve got comfy on the floor.

"Steve?" I asked him. He rolled on his back to face me.

"Yes?"

"You want the bed for tonight?" I asked. Hoping he'd say yes.

"No. You can have it."

"Steve, take the bed." I told him.

"No." I frowned. "Fine." He sighed, then got up into the bed and I moved to the floor.

"Goodnight Steve." I called to him.

"Goodnight Bailey." He called back, then slowly drifted off to sleep. After a couple minutes I got up and made sure he was asleep. Then I re filled my run away stash quietly so I wouldn't wake him. That's right. I'm leaving. Steve's gonna hate me for this but, it feels necessary. I put on my tennis shoes and gray jacket and quietly opened the window. Steve rolled over onto his side, facing me. I stood still. His eyes still shut, thank goodness or else I was screwed. I felt bad. The guilt eating away at me. I quietly walked toward him and gave him a quick kiss.

"I'm sorry Steve. I love you." I whispered. I should probably leave him a note or something so he wouldn't panick or think I was taken by Hydra. I grabbed a note card and quickly wrote on it so Steve wouldn't wake up.

It read:

Dear Steve,

I'm sorry. If your reading this then I have left. I left after you were asleep. I gave you a goodbye kiss but you werent awake so you probably won't remember. I know I said I would go with you to SHEILD HQ but I can't. I have gone this long without Hydra actually capturing me. I have telekinesis and telepathic abilities along with my flight. I love you, so I'm sorry I had to do this to you. But, always remember this: whenever you need me, I will be there. I have disappeared into the world by now so it won't be easy to find me. That's the point. Just sweep me up like a broken vase, and forget about me. Good bye soldier.

Love you always,
Bailey Grace

I set it down by his bed side. And with that, I gave him one last kiss and went down the pipe from the window and started walking on the sidewalk, and with that, I disappeared out into the world.

A/N: what did you guys think? How will Steve react knowing that his beloved Bailey has left? Feel free to comment an leave suggestions. Anyways, see you in the next update, bye and have a good day!(or night)