Chapter 4

Harry's POV

How do you even take care of a human?

Their bones are too brittle, they're needy and emotional as fuck, and I heard they have to have a lot of TLC which I'm guessing here is tender, lemonade, and care.

Yup

Pretty sure I got that right.

I backtracked, leaning down and placing a cheerio down on the floor to make a trail of cheerios across the room as Liza watched me from the entrance.

I looked up, making eye contact with her as I slowly placed a cheerio down on the ground in front of me while she furrowed her brows at me in confusion.

I saw this in a movie once and the little human girl ate the cheerios happily.

Liza may be a demon now but she still has the spirit of a human.

It's so ugh.

She then started following me, taking the cheerios on the ground one by one but not eating them like I expected of her until I led her to the pile of newspapers and pillows on the ground in the corner of the room.

"Why are you making all this mess?" Liza frowned, continuing to pick up the cereal one by one until she reached the newspaper bed that I had made for her to sleep on in my place.

"This is where you're going crash for the night, look I even made sure to show the comics of the newspaper and everything just in case you get bored." I told her, gesturing to the ground as she raised her brow at me before I nervously ran a hand through my hair and fixed one of the pillows on the floor.

Distance.

Distance is good, it's what we both need.

Yes because after centuries of not seeing the woman who I want to make babies with we need distance.

Back in the grocery store I started to feel that exact same pain in my chest again that made me so weak in Liza's story, except this time Liza was now experiencing the same thing as me since she was a demon now.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

I could take the pain no big deal, but knowing that my queen would get hurt as well was something I couldn't let happen.

Oh the heart burn.

"Okay so whenever you're settled just- just get in." I told her with a small sigh of satisfaction, looking down at the small makeshift bed I had made on the floor for her with a pleased look only for me to turn my head to find her gone.

"This your bed?" I heard her tired voice ask, making me snap my gaze to my bed in the middle of the room where she was snuggling herself further into my mattress, already closing her eyes with a small smile on her face as my whole body tensed.

"No no no no no no no!" I exclaimed, scrambling to her on the other side as I pushed her off my bed, hearing her body flop to the floor with a squeak before I took out the two febreeze cans from the waist band of my jeans, twirling and vigorously shaking them in my hands before I jumped on my bed and sprayed the air around it in a panic.

No, my bed cannot fucking smell like her.

If I'm going to sleep and I smell the scent of her fucking shampoo on my pillows I'll get addicted to it just like I got addicted to her and then I'll end up changing my mind and make her sleep in bed with me where she is only a few inches away from me and then I'll want to hold her and cuddle her and touch her and then her heart will start beating and spazzing out until she's in pain andIdon'tknowwhattodohoeeemygaawddd.