Chapter 93- Try To Cope

"RICK!" Daryl's voice yelled from down the hallway. Rick turned around and Daryl charged at us.

"Is she hurt?! Are you ok?" Daryl asked, taking me from Rick. I buried my face into Daryls chest and we started to walk again.

We walked in the direction of where me and the man came from. We were going to find Jason's body soon, I didn't even know how to explain.

We reached the end of the hallway and Rick turned into the room. "Oh god." Rick whispered as we moved closer to the body.

Daryl set me down gently and he walked to the body. He checked the head, looking at Jasons blonde hair.

A giant red spot was visible on his head, the spot where the bullet had pierced through the skull.

Daryl looked at the bite mark next, then at Jasons demonic eyes. He whispered something to Rick quickly and Daryl came back over.

"Come on." Rick said, moving towards the exit. Daryl scooped me back up and turned me away from Jason's body.

We moved quickly to the Prison compound, Rick probably thought that's where the prisoners were staying.

We emerged outside and Daryl walked towards a clear spot on the concrete. He set me down then rolled up my pant leg.

"You're lucky, that woulda split the bone." Daryl muttered before ripping a piece if his shirt off.

He tied it around quickly and helped me to my feet. We stumbled over to Hershel and Beth.

"I'm going to look for them." Rick muttered, moving towards the door.

"Rick, wait!" I called out.

Rick stopped for a second. "I have to find them!" He yelled back, before continuing forward.

I wanted to tell the group I remembered, but I had to do it while we were all here.

"Rick!" I yelled again, the sadness shook my voice. A crying baby made me turn and look for the source of the sound.

Maggie emerged, a tiny baby in her arms. Carl walked by her side, horror and pain on his face.

By the look of blood covering Maggie, and no Lori. I knew what had happened.

"Where's Lori?!" Rick asked his son. He stood beside him and bent down to look him in the eye.

"Ah no, ah noo, ah no!" Rick cried, cradling his head with his hands. I moved to Maggie, my leg sent a sharp pain up my leg.

Glenn walked to Maggie and tried to comfort her. I took the baby from her arms and hobbled over to a car.

A white blanket laid in the back and I removed the jacket that the baby sat in. I laid the baby down on the blanket to see she was a girl.

I smiled down at the little girl, my tears slipping down my cheeks onto her face. I wiped the blood away with the jacket before tossing it aside. I wrapped the baby in the white blanket and hobbled over to Daryl.

Rick had collapsed on the ground sobbing, trying to find some way to cope with Lori's death.

I choked back the tears and gripped the baby tighter. She started to cry and I cradled her back and fourth.