Kes (Poe Dameron x Reader)

"Are you sure you want to do this ?" Poe asked you nervously.

"Poe, we didn't come all the way out here to turn back now! Of course I want to meet you parents," You smiled at him reassuringly, "There's nothing to worry about."

"Oh yes there is," Poe scoffed, "My dad... He can, uh, be a bit blunt when he wants to be. And he'll probably make a few inappropriate jokes," Poe sighed and you laughed.

"I'm sure it's not anything we can't handle together," You hugged him reassuringly before kissing him quickly.
...
"I can't believe I'm actually meeting the Kes Dameron," You squealed excitedly as you shook his hand, "It's an absolute pleasure to finally meet you, Sir," You grinned.

"There's no need for formalities, my dear," Kes chuckled, "Call me Kes. And the pleasure is all mine. You know, with the way Poe talks about you, I'm surprised he hasn't asked you to marry him yet!" He clapped his son on the back.

"Dad!" Poe's eyes widened at his father's comment and you couldn't help but giggle. He turned to you and smiled sheepishly, "Ignore him, Y/N, it's the old age."

"Old age? When you finally give me a grandchild, that's when you can blame my old age!" He laughed, "Promise me you'll stick around long enough for that, Y/N? The children will be better off taking after you than their father," He gestured to Poe jokingly.

You cheeks reddened as you heard Poe groan, "Leave her alone, Dad, it's been five minutes and you're already talking about marriage and grandkids, you're scaring her!"

You laughed at how embarrassed Poe looked and you looped your arm through his, "Don't worry, Kes," You smiled, "I'm planning on staying put for a very long time," You looked up at Poe, who was smiling now as he reached down to kiss your forehead.
---------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading! Feel free to vote, comment and follow if you enjoyed it and want more!

Visit fandomsloveimagines.tumblr.com for even more Star Wars goodness!