005 | KUROO TETSURŌ

one shot is titled—newbornstatus ; edited as of 7/5/2020

status ; edited as of 7/5/2020

"Ma'am? are you listening?" One of your employees questioned you, waving his hand to see if you were spacing out or not.

You blinked at him and smiled, convincing him that you were fine. "I'm fine, please continue on," you urged him and he nodded, continuing on reporting about how high the stocks were in these past months.

"... I'm back," you sighed, throwing yourself on to the leather couch, with your hand on your stomach and the other one tucked behind your neck as you faced the elegant chandelier.

It's been 15 years since you started your very own company, the (L/n) Enterprises which kept growing more popular each year. You were too busy in handling your company that you don't have the time to clean the house or come back home every time.

You were always focused in terms of your company but a certain memory keeps bugging you.

You were pregnant 15 years ago, because of a consensual one night stand. Your parents kicked you out after they heard the news of you being pregnant and as a result, you were forced to live alone in a apartment but you were lucky you had saved money.

You decided to quit university and raise your child. You didn't want an abortion, because the child was innocent and had no fault about him being created.

But then, for the past months that you were pregnant, you realized that you couldn't afford to raise the child. You were alone and didn't have so many friends you could count on. You don't even have work nor did you finish university.

So you decided to bring him to an adoption center. Your little son covered in a blanket, sewed with the name you gave him. It was hard, but you had to do it. The process was quick, and your baby was out of your hands. A bit cruel, but how can you even take care of a baby when you don't have the money to financially support the both of you.

The ringtone of the phone blasting out snapped you out of your guilty thoughts as you lazily reached out for your headset, pressing it on and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Ah, (L/n)-san, is this you?"

You stood up from your seat, the formality still even present over a phone call. "Yes, who is this?" You walked over to the kitchen to drink a glass of water.

"This is Kuroo Tetsurō, don't you remember?" A deep chuckle was heard on the other line.

"Ah, yes Kuroo-san, why are you calling me?" You leaned on the counter top after drinking the water.

"I'm here to invite you to one of our reunion since you were a batch of 2018."

  ― 

You arrived at the destination in your casual wear, currently texting your secretary to give you the extra work that you didn't finish at your company. Sighing, you pushed open the door revealing the unfamiliar faces of your batchmates.

"(F/n)-chan!"

You turned around and saw a brunett with chocolate eyes approaching you with a drink in his hands.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" You sheepishly asked, squinting your eyes at the man, trying hard to remember him. He must've been an acquaintance since he uses the honorific 'chan'.

"It has been 15 years, I guess you don't remember me," He muttered, pouting. "But, I'm your roommate, Oikawa Tōru!" He hollered, pointing at himself with utmost confidence. You laughed at his gesture as Tōru handed you a drink in which you gladly accepted. "Have fun, (F/n)-chan!"

After he left you, you scanned the surroundings to see if you had any friends. You did saw your friends but it seems like they already forgot about you and effortlessly threw your friendship to the garbage bin. Not wasting your time, you pulled out your laptop and continued the work that was sent by Shōyō, your secretary.

You frowned, seeing the e-mail sent to you by your investor, demanding the contract to be changed. You sighed in exasperation, rubbing your temple stressfully.

You sipped on the beer Tōru handed earlier to keep you entertained through the reading of the conditions written on the paper that was sent through email. You noticed a figure looming before you, his hands flying to the laptop but you held your laptop to the side, his attempt to get the laptop away from you failing.

But still, he managed to capture the laptop in his hands, a smug smirk plastered on his face. You sighed in irritation, sending the man your piercing glares but he wasn't affected and even gave you a smile in return of your rude behavior.

"Hey, (L/n)-san, remember me?" 'Kuroo Tetsurō'  your mind screamed his name. He's still handsome as ever, present with his smirk and his deep voice that made you shiver.

You strained a smile, greeting him formally with a bow. "Kuroo-san, it's nice to see you again," before taking a gulp of the beer, forgetting about the never-ending documents to fill as you stood beside Tetsurō, looking over the railing.

"The last time I remembered, you weren't that alcoholic," he pointed out.

You just shrugged, wiping the excess liquid around your lips. "People change, Kuroo-san. Besides, I haven't drank beer for 15 years until now," you admitted.

He laughed. "Me too."

You handed him another beer but he refused. "No. thank you."

You placed the beer back on the floor. "Why don't you?" You questioned, curious at his answer.

"I have a job and family to take care of. I wouldn't want to slack off," Tetsurō answered, his lips curling into a smile after saying the word 'family'.

"I understand you," you stated, but felt jealous. You still loved him after 15 years of not seeing each other.

"What about you?"

You took a long gulp, finishing the beer in one go with Tetsurō amused on how you could finish off a beer without even being tipsy. "I have no plans of having a family," he nodded. "Tell me, what is the feeling of having a family?" You inquired, opening the beer but Kuroo stole it, placing it beside him. You clicked your tongue in annoyance and stared at the starry sky.

His eyes twinkled. "It's happy and I love the feeling of it."

You still watched the sky in silence which urged him to go on and continue.

"I have two kids, (Son's name) and Yuri."

You jumped after hearing the name of your son, lips quivering and felt tears gathering up in your eyes.

"Is something bothering you?" Tetsurō asked filled with worry, placing his hands on your shoulders, his warmth overlapping the cold night breeze.

"Go on, tell me more," you smiled, wiping away your tears.

author's note:

i felt like i had to change something in this one, because it was so cruel and illogical for the reader that i created to treat her child like that so changes were made :)