Chapter 33- Life

Melody's POV

I run my thumb along Tyson's lip. I would do anything to have him kiss me one last time.

His eyes flutter when I touch his face and I frown. Wait, aren't dead people supposed to be pale and cold? I've never seen a dead person but I think that's how it's supposed to be.

"Tyson if you are alive, you won't be for long because I will stab you with this plastic fork." I state, pointing to the plastic forks on the table next to the hospital bed.

Tyson opens his eyes and smiles at me, "Hey cupcake." he says.

He's alive.

What the heck just happened? "B-but you were dead and it showed your heart wasn't beating and the doctor said you didn't make it. How are you alive?" I ask.

"Um, well, I may have paid the doctors to pretend and my family knows I'm faking. I just... I didn't know what to do. I just wanted you to care about me. I'm sorry." he explains.

I groan, "I would kill you if I wasn't so happy." I state and lie down on the floor, staring up at the plain white roof.

Tyson's head comes into my view and he smiles down at me, "What are you doing, weirdo?" he asks.

"I'm lying on the floor." I state. I'm just so confused and I don't know how to feel or what to do and I think this is the only logical thing to do.

Maybe I should just start rolling around on the floor because there is only three words to explain how I feel.

What is life?

"Melody, get off the floor." Tyson says.

"Make me."

Tyson leans down and pulls me up and I just flop against him. He keeps his arms around my waist, holding me up as he laughs and shakes his head.

I can't even.

I feel so happy that Tyson is not dead because he is here and he is alive and he is breathing and I can't leave him again because I just love him so much and I'm also really mad at him because he made me freaking die inside because I thought he was dead and he's not.

I don't care anymore. Tyson is alive and that's all I care about. He could have really been gone and then I don't know what I would have done.   

"Tyson," I whine, "put me back on the floor, I just want to flop around like a dying fish because I don't even know what to do."

I think this will be the solution to my problems from now on.

He's alive.

Tears start pouring down my face, "You're alive." I whisper, my body shaking as Tyson holds me close to him. I lean my head on his chest, sobbing like a child that didn't get candy.

"Please don't cry, cupcake." Tyson says, wiping my tears off my cheeks.

I stand up straight and put my hand against his cheek, staring into his eyes, "I saw you lying there and you were supposed to be dead and then you open your eyes and you smiled at me and I don't know how to feel because you're smile is so perfect and I was so happy that you were awake and everything just felt like a dream but now you're here, with me, and this is where I want you for the rest of my life." I say.

"I love you." I whisper, crying harder.

"Y-you love me?" Tyson asks. "Melody, you love me." he says, laughing slightly as tears make his eyes shine.

"I love you. I'm crazy about you Tyson and if you ever leave me again I don't know what I'll do." I state.

A tear slips down Tyson's cheek. "You said you love me. My cupcake loves me back." he whispers, leaning his forehead against mine.

"I love you too my princess." he whispers and presses his lips against mine.

I smile and move away from him and he wiggles his eyebrows at me, "So you want to go watch movies for the rest of the day?" Tyson asks and I glare at him.

"Bitch you just died, what?" I state.

Tyson just laughs, "Well I did get you to say you love me..." I keep glaring at him, folding my arms and raising my eyebrow, "I'll let you wear my clothes...?" he says, smiling cheekily.

"Yeah, okay, let's go." I state and pull him out of the hospital room, intertwining my fingers with his.

I'll kill him later.

*-*-*

You guys are lucky I hate death endings.

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG