1

The only characters I own are Ellie, her family, Silas, and Nikolai. Also any gif I add doesn't belong to me, I don't know who owns them, but they aren't mine.

--

The mahogany coffin lowered itself into the ground with a wave of a crooked shaped wand

The mahogany coffin lowered itself into the ground with a wave of a crooked shaped wand. Wet blue eyes flickered up from glaring into the innocent grass, moving, searching. Many people had their heads lowered in sadness, but it wasn't real. Nobody liked the man hidden in the long box, nobody could tolerate him.

Ellie could. She loved her grandfather, with whom she shared the same surname and eye colour. He was her best friend when she wasn't at Hogwarts, and one of the only people she trusted. She watched him sink further into the ground until he was buried along with her secrets, just as he had promised to take them to the grave.

"Come along, Elyssa," said her mother, a confident woman who held herself strong and her nose in the air. A red rose in hand, the woman dropped it on the dirt in front of the tombstone. It was careless movement of the long, pale arm.

Ellie hesitated in front of the tombstone once her mother walked toward her father, kneeling in front of the tombstone and gliding her fingers along the engraved words. Sniffling, she gently placed her white rose against the tombstone and did not move until her parents called her over.

"There is no need to cry," her mother said again, staring past her nose and down at her daughter. The man beside her remained silent, his eyes distantly focused on his father's tombstone. "Your grandfather is in a better place, where he can annoy anyone else he comes across instead of us."

Ellie looked to her father for any reaction, but there was nothing - not even a blink. He might not have acted like he cared about his father, and spoke very cruelly to him, but Ellie knew he loved him. 

"Jack," the older woman clicked her fingers. He looked to his wife and let her take his arm and guide him toward their transportation. Ellie followed them over toward their Portkey. 

Ellie hated the feeling of travelling by Portkey, but she preferred it over Side-Along-Apparition. The three Greers were soon standing in front of their manor in Wiltshire, England. Their home was fairly deserted and nobody other than the Malfoys' lived nearby; they had already offered their condolences.

The three Greers were greeted by their servants as soon as they reached the front doors, and the two men and two women all bowed their heads in silence. The Greers did not own any house elves, as they had believed that they were filthy creatures, but instead paid Squibs to clean up their home and cook their meals.

Ellie hated the way these poor Squibs were treated; they had no homes to go to and were disowned by their magical families, so her home was the only one they had and they were very underpaid, ignored, or spoken rudely to. Her parents and any other relative would treat the four servants like dirt. The teenager was not supposed to converse with them unless necessary, but she did it anyway. She was always very bored during the summer and had no nearby friends - the only people who would show up to her home were people of importance, meaning she did not know them very well and there was never anybody her age or close to it.