four

-I've realized that I'm better being by myself-

The sound of a steady bass filled the small room and Paisley kept to her self, journal in hand as she watched the band practice a new song. She jotted down a few notes, making sure to observe the atmosphere of the room and every detail of what was going on.

Paisley liked writing, it assured her that she wouldn't forget and it would also assure her that she could have all the details of the day. Right now Michael was playing the piano, trying to figure out a new melody. Calum was next to him and helping him out. Luke was in the booth recording vocals and Ashton was recording a drum solo. It was a relatively calm day in the studio.

"I'm calling it quits. What're you writing about, Pay?" Calum asked, breaking the brunette out of her thoughts. She looked up from her journal with a small smile on her face. Calum swiveled on the small bench and faced her as he spoke.

"About how I fucking hate you all," she responded, turning back to her book.

"Let me see that," Calum grumbled.

Paisley could see in her peripheral vision that the brown boy had stood up and was making his way towards her. She quickly closed her notebook and gave him a cheeky smile.

"Can I read it please?" Calum asked, plopping down on the sofa next to Paisley and grabbing the journal out of the small girl's hands.

She complied and opened to the page she was at and Calum immediately started reading over the words that were scribbled on the page.

She was in love with his mind and how he could hold the deepest conversations even in the middle of the day. He would hold onto her, letting the girl be captivated in his thoughts. But she took his attention for something knew and it left her torn apart. She was slowly feeding him pieces of her heart. She didn't willingly want to and she had been guarded many times before. And now because of him and her carelessness, she's picking the
pieces off of the floor.

Calum's lips moved slowly, reading along to each word that was written on the page. He was captivated by the writing and he was in awe by how deep the girl could be. It hasn't been his first time reading one of her works but every time, he was surprised by how well she could write.

"This is amazing, Pay," Calum commented, reading over the little paragraph again.

"Thanks Cal," Paisley said. She let her head rest on Calum's shoulder and watched over their friends who were still working.

"Can I read?" Luke chipped in, having watched the two from the booth and now walking into the room.

Paisley's face went pale and her eyes went wide as she heard Luke speak. He was the one person that she had never let read her writings. Mainly because they were all about him and she wasn't about to risk him catching on. She glanced over at Calum and he had equally as wide of eyes as they made eye contact.

"Actually it wasn't that great. Not worth reading. Luke, you wouldn't like it," Calum started rambling. He was quick to insult her writing and Paisley choked back a laugh.

"Yeah. It was horrible Luke. Not worth the read," Paisley added.

Luke pouted and made his way to the couch, flopping down on both of his friends. His legs were by Calum and his head was by Paisley. He made his best puppy dog eyes and turned to face his friends.

"Please," he pleaded, dragging out the word and his fingers toying with the binding of the leather book that held Paisley's biggest secrets.

"I'll let you read something else Luke. Just not this," Paisley said, trying to win over the blonde.

The blonde huffed but didn't ask again after. He cuddled into both of his best friends though and would occasionally whine, knowing they were keeping something from him that he didn't know.

Eventually Ashton came over and willed the two boys to get up so that they could work on a new song and practice it. The two slowly got up, untangling their limbs from the then pile of cuddles. Each person had shifted a bit over time and now it was difficult to get up.

The boys grabbed their instruments and set up the gear. Paisley watched as the boys set up and with a few tweaks of a guitar string and a bit of tuning for a guitar, they were ready.

"This ones for you Paisley," Luke called out into the microphone, making the brunette laugh.

The band went into the song and they goofed around as they got through the music. Paisley wasn't bored. She enjoyed watching them and she could for a long time. It was amazing to see her best friends do what they loved.

Paisley continued jotting down notes and watched from the corner of her eye. She mainly watched Luke and how he was dancing around. It was so endearing and the more she watched him, the more in trouble she realized she was in.

***

This is kind of a weird chapter but it'll pick up!!! Sorry it took so long to update but I've been so busy sigh

-El