Ch. 12 - The start of the Chunin exams

I was woken up by the knocking on my door. I slowly opened my eyes, sat up on my bed and yawned. '' Who is it? '' I asked in a sleepy tone. I blinked a few times and looked around my room.  

'' It's me, '' mum said. '' I just wanted to ask you if you aren't going to the Chunin exams? ''  

Yeah, my parents never went in my room. When they wanted something they always stayed outside. I think that it was because they were to scared that a cannibal plant was going to eat them if they'll come inside.  

I frowned in confusion. '' What? ''  

'' The Chunin exams... '' mum repeated. '' Sakura already left an hour ago... ''  

My eyes still sleepily travelled to the alarm clock on my nightstand.  

I was instantly awake, yelling. After I finally closed my mouth mum seriously said: '' Now, Chiharu, you know that in our house we don't say words like that! Who even taught them to you?! ''  

Hah, it was Kiba when we were having a swearing contest.  

But now it wasn't the time to think about that. I jumped from my bed and began running around my room. I was late. And I wasn't just fashionably late. No, the Chunin exams were about to start in five minutes.  

My teammates are so going to kill me...  

It took me a minute to dress in my usual black and purple striped leggings, white dress and tie my long hair in two high ponytails. My mum already left, probably angry because I yelled at her for not waking me up. I mean, what did she think? That I didn't need to be there as early as Sakura? 

I stuffed my weapon pouch in my back pocket and checked if my two fans were in my second one.  

Then I thought for a second. How could I get to the building where the first part of the Chunin exams was held as fast it was possible? I instantly remembered the technique that I was trying to learn last night. I still had some problems with the whole 'where did I end up teleporting' part but other then that everything was fine.  

'' Chiharu! Do you want some breakfast? '' mum yelled from the kitchen.  

I felt how my eye began twitching. '' Mum, I'm already late so don't you start with things like that! And why the hell am I even still here! The Chunin exams! '' I formed some handseals, thought about the building where the first part of the Chunin exams was held and murmured: '' Flower petal escape! '' My body instantly turned in to a cloud of cherry blossoms.  

Hm, maybe I should've practiced more before I went teleporting like that. Because the whole thing didn't actually work.  

I found myself in the middle of the sky, about fifty meters over the roof of the building in which the Chunin exams were held. My eyes widened with shock. Then I started to yell and fall.  

I should've known that something like that was going to happen to me.  

The next second I already fell through the roof of the building. I was still yelling until I fell on someone, making him collapse on the ground and end up somewhere under a table, covered with wood that fell from the roof. 

When the cloud of smoke cleared I slowly stood up, blinked a few times and did some staggering steps. Then I looked at the room, full of different genin that were staring at me with shock. I raised one hand and murmured, still feeling a little dizzy from the fall. '' I'm okay... And we should call someone to fix that. '' I pointed at the hole that was in the roof on top of me.  

'' What kind of an idiot does something like that... '' the person I fell on spoke up. I turned around and our eyes met. He was staring at me for a few seconds, then he sighed. '' Chiharu, of course. I should've known. ''