Chapter 18: Testing?

Hajime's p.o.v

It was early in the morning, about 5:13am to be exact. I was too excited to work on this project that the moment I woke up, I had to get started on my plans. I was sitting on the floor, examining a small vial of the poison I managed to bring along with me. It was my only source of it and I hadn't I have succeeded in using the correct phase transition into the poison I have created, yet I haven't had the chance to test it a live specimen. I obviously can't use it on Naruto quite yet due to the fact that there is no cure for it afterwards. I need to see how it reacts first before trying it on him. So in this case... I have no choice but to use it on an animal. I'm not sure how it will affect it, but this is all for my greatest creation! 

I stood up from the floor and held up the vial in my hand, smiling wickedly. I then carefully wrapped the vial in a white cloth to keep it safe and placed it inside my pant pocket. I have to go into the woods to find any creature I can get my hands on to start the testing. I don't have anything that will aid me in capturing a creature, but I will have to make do with what I have... Knowledge. 

I quietly walk towards the door of my room, and carefully opened the door. I had to make sure no one will notice my presence, my creation will not be revealed in such mediocre conditions! Such beauty should be revealed in nothing but perfection! Yes, I can just see all of their faces when they see it! They'll praise me like the genius I am! Then I can rub my success in everyone's face! Especially those damn Uchiha's! Mock my brain, but I assure you, I can make my dreams a reality!

Making my way down the stairs, I hurriedly put my sandals on that was near the front door and made my escape towards a nearby forest. I didn't want to get myself too deep into the forest, I wouldn't want to get lost in unfamiliar territory. Now, let's see what I can find in this place.

It was still fairly dark outside, so it could be a bit difficult to see what animals were awake at this time. I would walk from tree to shrubs to find any signs of holes big enough for an animal in inhabit it, but so far I haven't come across it. Thinking of what I should do, I decided to create some noise in order to scare the creatures in hopes that they become fully alert and give out their location. I began to clap my hands together and whistle here and there and then stop for a measly second to listen for any sound before continuing again.

"This might take me awhile..." I mumbled impatiently. "If push comes to shove, I'll use pebbles to find them instead. Actually..."

Liking my second idea better than the original, I gathered a handful of pebbles and began to throw them in random directions. One of these is bound to hit an animal... Well, it's a low percentage of it happening, but it's worth a shot. Anything is better than wasting my time out here. I just want to see the effects on a live body.

I snickered at the thought of the possible effects on the body and tossed the pebble ahead of me. I picked up another pebble and tossed it to the left and heard a distress call from an animal. It was a loud squeal that kept repeating itself and I immediately ran towards the noise trying to find it before it stopped it's squealing. I ran through the forest at high speed, hurdling over small bushes and almost losing balance when turning at my speed, but I eventually found the source of the noise and came to a halt. Right before I was a tan baby bunny. They happened to be alone, meaning that it could be separated from their mother... Perfect. Although, I'm a bit bitter seeing that it wasn't my pebble that made it squeal... Whatever, let's just get this over with.

I stuck my right hand out, focusing my chakra to my fingertips. I attached my strings onto the small animal, ceasing all of its movements and drew its body into my left arm and held it firmly as it continued to squeal.

"Listen here you filthy animal, I'm going to perform an experiment on you when we return to my temporary living quarters. Try to bite me and I'll kill you, understood?"