010 | KOZUME KENMA

one shot is titled— VIDEOGAMEstatus: edited as of 03/29/2020

one shot is titledVIDEOGAME
status: edited as of 03/29/2020

You quickly ran towards the Kozume household, knocking on the door and also greeting Kenma's aunt on the way. You asked where Kenma was and she pointed up the stairs. Thanking her, you ascended up the stairs and opened his door.

"Hey..." His back was facing you and you can hear the sound of a wailing creature and you can also clearly see Kenma pressing wildly on the buttons of his PSP.

He noticed your arrival, pausing his game really quick. "What?" he asked stolidly and turned back to his PEP. Sighing, you sat next to him and started playing with his blonde hair whilst watching him play against something.

It looked like a hideous monster, with horns on its head and its whole body's color was pure black, only leaving it's teeth and eyes to be plain white. You stared at the weird creature, your eyes capturing every moment of Kenma's victory.

You slightly tugged his shirt to get his attention but it wasn't working. You jutted your bottom lip, trying to act cute in front of him but he seemed to be unfazed and continued playing.

After a few more minutes of failing to get Kenna's attention, you gave up. Huffing, you stood up and slammed his door shut to maybe put into some little sense into him and greeted his Auntie goodbye before you went home.

Opening the door to your house, you greeted your parents and kissed both of them on their cheeks, ascending upstairs. With a defeated sigh, you opened your playstation and started to play GTA.

   —  

"What happened to you?" Tetsurō asked with worry, waving his hand on your pale, eye bagged face which is the result of playing up all night.

"This?" You pointed to your face. "I was studying for our exam today," you lied, stealing a small glance towards Kenma who is once again impassive, concentrating on his psp, pressing on the buttons. It looked like he wasn't even worried at all.

"But there isn't an exam today...?" Tetsurō muttered, feeling unsure and saw you steal a glance towards Kenma who walked beside Tetsurō's right while you on his left. He sighed, feeling that he was the third wheel in your circle of friends.

It also looked that the two of you were fighting so he started a conversation with you to somehow distract you. While you were busy talking with Tetsurō, your boyfriend peered up from his PSP to see your pale face. He noted to take care of you if you will visit him later.

"So yeah, I was watching porn and sensei caught me!" Tetsurō hid his face in embarassment, while you just laughed. "But you know, he even joined me in watching it!" He exclaimed, laughing so hard that he clutched on his stomach. You on the other hand, laughed with him, face beet red from the unexpected turn of events.

Kenma can definitely hear you laughing again and he thanked Tetsurō for doing so. With a smile on his face, he walked away from the two of you to go back to his class.

   —  

Later that night, you visited Kenma's home, wanting to know if he really is sincere with your feelings since he always cancels your Friday dates and instead, Tetsurō and you would hang out. You slammed his door open as Kenma slightly flinched from your sudden entrance.

He peered up, seeing your angry expression and nonchalantly shrugged, returning his gaze back to his electronic gadget. You sighed, sitting down beside him.

"Kenma," you breathed. "Are you sincere with your feelings towards me?"

Silence filled the whole room.

"Kenma, please..." Youu pleaded and you could feel the hot tear cascading down your face. He wouldn't utter a single word but he stopped playing and stared at you with an unwavering gaze.

You gulped and closed your eyes, standing up to dust your sweat pants. Tears were already making it's way down your cheeks. "Goodbye, Kenna," your hands wrapped around the door knob, slowly twisting it open.

But before you could, a warm hand grabbed your wrist and pulled you towards his chest. His chest was warm and you missed him hugging you. Kenma stroked your hair, keeping you close to him like he would lose you in a blink of an eye.

"I may not show you how I love you that much, but I promise you. I really care. I love you."

You buried your head to his chest, the tears making his shirt soaking wet.

"I love you too."

Kenma smiled and kissed your forehead, enjoying the silence around the two of you.

     —    

requested by @Ruby_Red13