The Kitten Has Claws [Chapter 10]

This book is available for purchase on amazon.com as an ebook. 

Chapter 10

"Fairies?" Paxton asked in disbelief, "What in the world is going on here?"

Raine gave a growl of frustration, "I have no idea. But we should probably head inside and alert everyone else. The women deserve to know that something is going on. Maybe one of them will know what the 'Vessel' is."

He led the way inside, bellowing for the rest of the men to join them in the common room. "What the hell?" he muttered, stopping at the shut door. He rattled it uselessly before snarling. "Why is the door locked?"

"Sir, the women are in there. They wanted some 'alone' time," Fletcher said sourly, from behind him.

"What, you two grown men couldn't overpower them and stay in there?" Paxton asked sarcastically.

Finn and Fletcher both bristled at the implication, "We tried. But they efficiently handled us. They started talking about...womanly...stuff." The rest of the men shuddered in horror. Too much information.

"Noelle," Raine said sternly to the door, "I need you to open up the door, I have an important announcement that everyone needs to hear."

"Can it wait? We're still having our girl's time and if I open the door I don't know when we'll ever have another one," she called from inside the room.

"No," he ground out, "it cannot wait. This is very important. Now open this door."

"Nope."

The other men were starting to get angry too and muttered things under their breath. Raine grinned when an idea came to him. He smiled at the other men and cooed softly to the door, "I don't want to break down the door, Noelle, please open it before I do. Besides, don't you want to meet the new women we brought back? They're probably frightened and need a woman to talk too."

There was a hushed mutter from the women's side of the door and then a soft click. Noelle opened the door and stood there with an irritated look on her face. "I opened it because I feel bad for the women that are stuck out here with the lot of you brutes, NOT because you asked me to."

Raine grinned, "Whatever you say, kitten." He tapped her lightly on the nose and strode past her into the room.

Noelle spun around, narrowing her eyes at him, "I am not a kitten."

He smiled wickedly, and snaked an arm around her waist. "Of course you're not," he said agreeably. Raine tugged her after him and sat on the couch, placing her on his lap. Noelle struggled against him, but his arm was like a band of steel around her waist. She gave up with a frustrated sigh and relaxed against him.

The rest of the men and filed into the room along with the two new women. Ingrid visibly started when she saw the looks on Paxton and Ryder's faces. They were staring hotly at her, possession written on every line in their bodies. She desperately grabbed Delilah and Tamsin next to her and scrambled over to the couch, placing them on either side of her.

Paxton scowled when he walked past, and placed himself directly in Ingrid's line of sight at the opposing couch. She wouldn't be able to avoid him for much longer. They 'would' have a talk about their relationship. Later.

Ryder gave a desperate look at Ingrid, full of longing and sorrow. He hated that he wanted another man's woman. He comforted himself with the fact that Ingrid wasn't Paxton's woman yet. Ryder still had a chance to win Ingrid over. Ultimately it was her decision, and he would respect that, no matter the outcome. There was something vulnerable about her that drew him to her. She needed to be protected and taken care of and he was more than willing to do so. If she would let him.